Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #588 20 – 28 May 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

Scavenger Hunt #588: May 20 – May 28
        If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary. ***

Scavenger Hunt #588: May 20 – May 28
        An Adjective Hunt

Hard
        [FONT=Calibri]Soft[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Warm[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Cool[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Bright[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Dull [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Tall[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Short[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Religious[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Memorable[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Folded[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Hung[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Oval[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Quadrilateral[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Triangular[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Sweet[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Sour[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Aromatic[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Old[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]New[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Worn[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Mess[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Pretty[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Fantasy[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Crumbled[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Smooth[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Challenge do same subject from multiple angles/perspectives[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Have Fun![/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Joe
        [/FONT]

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

Apologies to all for missing the last couple of hunts. Stuff just kept getting in the way. Hopefully hosting will get me back on track.

Keep sketching
            Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Thanks for the list. Life gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully you will get to sketch.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
            My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list, Joe :) I know how it is when stuff gets in the way. I have too many interests and too little time. :) :) :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Pine Cone

Likewise Joe. No worries, and thanks for a fun new list 👣 🎨 🤓 😌

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

eyepaint

ink and dry inktense, 5×8″

1. sweet (honey)
                        2. sour (vinegar)
                        3. oval (egg)

4. hard – lacrosse ball
                        5. soft – crochet basket holding the lacrosse ball

6. tall (king from chess set)
                        7. short (pawn from chess set)
                        8. religious (bishop from chess set)

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Joe, thanks for the new list. Hope only good things were getting in your way.

EP, congrats on posting first! Love the chess pieces for tall and short. I like your soft and hard too.

Hope to get to work on some of these.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Hi, everyone.

EP, aww, love the chess pieces and all your items with the white accents. Mmm, I had forgotten about creamed honey, I’m going to get some for Gene. Thanks for the reminder.

I sketched on the reused pastel paper with pastels. Quick and plein air. It was about 82 degrees on the porch with lots of humidity. Didn’t stay out long.

Number 1, pretty – the wildflowers, Spiderworts and Mexican Hats

Scattykat

hi all, :clap: thanks for new list. :thumbsup:
                                EP, super sketches, esp like the effect produced by sketching on tinted paper. Never heard of creamed honey! …neat little holder for the ball…:)
                                Jo, love the flowers, the spider worts are a gorgeous colour, well done and on recycling pastel paper…:)

Scatty ....
                                ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

jmfletch

EP – Congrats on bring first. I really like the white highlights on toned paper. The 3 chess pieces were excellent choices. We have jugs of vinegar as it is my wife’s go to cleaner. You play lacrosse?

Jo – You know I love pastels. That is gorgeous. (Would make a great spring time pic for a calendar.)

Pine Cone, Joan, Scatty – :wave: :wave: :wave:

Keep sketching
                                    Joe

jmfletch

Trying something very different. The adjective Religious reminded me of a drawing I have wanted to do for years. So I will probably only get one thing done for the hunt but will try to post updates. (WIPs) Hopefully it will be a finished work by the end of this hunt.

Image size is approximately 8×5 inches. I will be using multiple grades of graphite. So far it is all 5H and 4H using 2 mm clutch pencils and lots of eraser :wink2: I have spent a little over 2 hours on it. Measuring, sketching, erasing, resizing and studying. Drawing will be about 2-3 times life size.

WIP #1

Keep sketching
                                        Joe

Hi Scatty and all the rest. Thanks.

Joe, wow, that will be a work of art. Pretty and old crucifix on a rosary it looks like. Nice. Gene’s mom used to make one or more rosaries a day. I think we figured she had made more than 10,000 during her 94 years.

I sketched in the big book with a Micron 02.

Number 2, hung – paintings hung on the wall in the living room

jmfletch

jo -Aye it is an old rosary. It belonged to my brother, who was a religious Brother, and gave it to me when I entered the seminary. So I have had it for 60 years and not sure how long he owned it before that but it was not new. Had not thought about making rosaries in a long time. In seminary we had a small group who made rosaries that were sold in local gift shop. We also collected and repaired broken rosaries that we sent to the missions. Your comment brought back a lot of good memories, Thanks.

Nice to have a wall full of original art by artists you know.

Joe

Pine Cone

EP — Cool group, and especially love the grace of the chess pieces! Your toned paper is a most gentle and lovely way to present your sketches!

Jo — What a lovely tribute to your friends! And I feel like I can reach out and pick the deep purple flowers from my screen.p 💐 I’ve put them in a glass of water in my mind :lol: What an amazing woman Gene’s Mom must have been – that’s a meaningful legacy and an inspiring story to hear :heart:

Joe — Oh what a wonderful way to start back here with your sketches! I’m looking forward to the continuation of the WIP, and hope you’ll tell us more of your brother, and your life during your time in the seminary. I think I can understand wanting to sketch something for such a long time. I’ve postponed sketches that might mean the most (like your gift from your brother) because I knew I could never do them justice. But perhaps you know that simply making that effort is all that matters. It means such a great deal. Thanks for sharing your effort, and your story.

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Scattykat

Joe, beautiful crucifix, and well done on the work on it…
                                                    Jo, love that you have paintings from your friends, well drawn…

1 Bright – plein air painting done a couple of days ago from our back steps on a bright afternoon. The hawthorn trees are flowering along the edge of the fields, I finished off at art club in the evening, watercolour, 12×6 inches…

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                                    ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.