Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Desk Lighting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey guys. The last time I bought lighting for drawing was back in the early 2000s long before LED bulbs were available – at least at a reaonable price. I have been hospitalized since February and plan to return to drawing as soon as I can. During my stay in the hospital both my existing lights were broken. All my paper was left outside in Florida humidity along with my drawing table itself. I may need to replace the table but I won’t know for certain until I begin to use it and see if it has swollen or warped.

So today’s question is what light(s) do you use? I need to clamp them to the table and probably want a pair to get optimal light. Considering LED lamps tend to last around 17 years if used 8 hours/day 7 days a week, replacement isn’t a major concern. So price within reason is also unimportant.

I’m curious … what are people using these days?
    Thanks in advance.

I have a 5W LED globe in my desktop lamp. I prefer the cool light to a warm light too.

Christel

Thanks for sharing Christel. After investigating a bit and talking with people I decided to order the BYB E476. Normally I prefer a pair for optimum lighting but trying one to start seemed like a good idea. I may need to replace my drawing table but I have to start somewhere. It’s still going to take some time as all my paper was left outside in the humidity for several months – along with the table. It’s sad to say, but there seems no such thing as “common” sense any longer. And I can’t find paper I like in the US so I have to order it from the UK.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.