Home Forums The Think Tank Creativity Valentines day ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SimonaBuna

The gallery I have my paintings wants to have valentines day colors for February on the walls.
        I am sooooo not inspired!!!!!
        I don’t like much the red color. I like it but very specific on some flowers. And I have more abstracts there than flowers. How can I paint an abstract for Valentine?

facebook.com/SimonaBunaPaintings
        instagram.com/simonabuna
        http://www.simonabuna.com

C & C welcome

Use Her Name

Just do the same type of abstract using colors within the red spectrum? I would have problems with this commission because I do not like red in my paintings.

No longer a member of WC. Bye.

SimonaBuna

Just do the same type of abstract using colors within the red spectrum? I would have problems with this commission because I do not like red in my paintings.

Katy, I am the same with red, I am not inspired by red!!! I use red in my paintings but only as an accent. Or I have some red roses and that’s it.

That is a good idea with the abstracts, thank you!

facebook.com/SimonaBunaPaintings
                instagram.com/simonabuna
                http://www.simonabuna.com

C & C welcome

maryinasia

Maybe paintings that are mostly whites, with a red accent

Snow_tabby

Why not use real dried up flowers with in your abstracts?
                        Pink and the use of gold can be acceptable in Valentines themes too I would assume?

selectedgrub

Tell them.
                            You don’t do red.

La_

red isn’t necessary … romantic colors include pinks, champagnes, peaches, pale colors, soft colors, off white, really any will do … just ’cause the cheesy commercial valentines cards tend to be red, we, as artists, can surely think outside that box.

la

Ellen E

Maybe paintings that are mostly whites, with a red accent

I like this idea. Personally, I love red, but I think a painting that’s all in shades of white with just a pop of red would be striking. It would really showcase the red better than a painting using much more red, in my opinion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.