Home Forums Explore Subjects Illustration A Sequential Art (aka Comics) forum?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Minette18

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there were enough Comics Artists in this forum to suggest the creation of a dedicated Sequential Art forum? I know that from the outside, illustration and comic art may look similar, but anyone who has worked in one or the other knows that they are quite different, especially if as a comics artist you write your own script and dialogues. I understand that if the demand is insufficient, it won’t happen. And that is fine too. I’ll be happy to post my stories here, provided I am allowed to post five pages at once (the size of my short stories so far). :)

chrismc

The illustration forum is one of the deadest on wet canvas so I can’t imagine a separate comics forum happening.

IsobelW

I am not an artist,and my work isn’t even good enough to give away:lol:, but I think it is an interesting idea. I like making up comics. That said, Chrismc is right,this is a very quiet forum.

Minette18

The illustration forum is one of the deadest on wet canvas so I can’t imagine a separate comics forum happening.

I see. That is a pity. Thank you anyway.

talisman

This is a very quiet forum but post your comics anyway, if you want to!
                        Who knows it might breathe some life in here!
                        By the way what is the subject matter in your comics?

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Minette18

I have two that I finished (Five pages each) and two others (22 pages each) in various degrees of unfinishedness.
                            My comics go against the grain of the superhero. My main characters are women or girls, having to face monsters or ghosts imposed on them, or of their own making. It is about relationships between adults and children and magic books. The best is that I start posting, I guess. But not tonight because I have to go now. I will tomorrow. Thanks.

talisman

If it involves magic, monsters, ghosts you could also cross post in Fantasy and Sci-Fi might get a few looks there also.
                                That’s where I’m at most of the time.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

Minette18

If it involves magic, monsters, ghosts you could also cross post in Fantasy and Sci-Fi might get a few looks there also.
                                    That’s where I’m at most of the time.

Will do! Thanks.
                                    MarieH.

Gouacheandink

I would love this but I’m noticing how inactive the illustration corner is here… can anyone suggest a better community for sharing illustrative/comic work? I want something flourishing and responsive but such a place doesn’t seem to exist.
                                        -T

Hello 🌺
                                        My work, http://www.gouacheandink.com/

OhioPoetryMan

I am developing comics for the web and would also like to see a forum as well. When I start the series I will post it here to see what fellow illustrators and cartoonists think of it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.