Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #527 15 – 23 Jan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Rules for Hunting:

* All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt 527 15 – 23 Jan, 2018
        ——————————————————-
        This is a repost of one of Elizabeth’s (Kivrin65)
        Hunt #327- August 27- September 4

eyeglasses or sunglasses
        pot or pan
        ball/marble
        fabric
        gardening tool
        Your favorite tool
        transparent object
        ribbon/string
        pins/nails
        tree
        something to do with a hobby
        buckle
        plate/bowl
        pocket and a belt loop
        eye
        chair
        animal or bird
        potato peeler
        dessert
        fruit
        foot
        knot
        stack of something
        colorful
        tool you don’t use often
        sky

Challenge: Draw an item with a continuous line without looking at the paper

Keep sketching
        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Awwww, sentimental list, we miss Kivrin. Thanks, Joe.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Awwww, sentimental list, we miss Kivrin. Thanks, Joe.

Agree :(

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

#1 fabric … done while waiting for a health-check…I happen to have a dress in a shopping bag

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Ai, beautiful dress. We have 32 degrees this morning, sweatshirts needed!

jmfletch

Ai – Nice! Makes me wish you had done it in color it looks so pretty. :)

Have to fold seeing you play your 32 jo as we woke to 54.

Keep sketching
                    Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

BearStar

Ai – your fabric technique reminds me of embroidery – sweet

dresses, sweatshirts, COATS!
                        we’re looking forward to 32 today!

meanwhile #1 fruit #2 fabric (digital)

~stephanie

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]
                        ~stephanie

jmfletch

Stephanie – Love the hatch shading. Still looks like graphite to me.

Joe

Pine Cone

Joe – Thanks for this poignant list from Elizabeth :heart:

Ai – Lovely fabric with that bold print!

stephanie – Yummy fruit on an interesting geometry of fabric!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Pine Cone

item #1 – “fabric”

former T-shirt[/color]

I cut this out and tacked it to my wall when the T-shirt wore out. I love the French language, and I love the sun, and I wish it was summer, and I wish Elizabeth was still with us…

“Soleil” means “sun” in French. I think it’s pronounced [em]soh-lehy.[/em]

The T-shirt was white, but I decided to combine the T-shirt’s silkscreened wording with the idea of stonewashed denim jeans, because I wish it was summer…

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil.

Procreate app for the background and sketch.

Art Studio app for the downsize, crop, border, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual acrylic and virtual ink on virtual panel.

Freehand, no digital drafting tools or tracing.

No digital grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning.

No filters or effects. No color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away.[/color]

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

eyepaint

5×8″, ink

1. pan
                                        2. fabric (dishcloth)
                                        3. eyeglasses
                                        4. marble
                                        challenge: continuous line don’t lift the pen and don’t look at paper.

5. bowl
                                        6. fruit (apple)
                                        7. related to a hobby (Lamy fountain pen)
                                        8. pocket of jeans with belt loop
                                        same challenge

9. ribbon tied in a bow
                                        10. safety pins
                                        11. transparent object (drinking glass)
                                        12. vegetable peeler (inside the drinking glass)
                                        13. buckle
                                        same challenge.

Cheers

-- EP Moderator for:

Scattykat

…thanks for the list Joe…
                                            Ai, I would like to see the colour too, looks as if it’s an embroidered motif…
                                            Stephanie, your fruit on fabric is fab, looks to me like graphite as well…
                                            PC, bet that was a cool tee shirt. Trés joli…
                                            EP, I’m always amazed how this sort of drawing turns out, bravo to you for doing so many…

1. Garden tool, my old and well used penknife, graphite, A6 in me grot sketchy, no idea how long, as did it intermittently while working on the pooter, which is sometimes painfully slow! Perspective’s a bit off…

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                            ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

No sketches for me. Lazy. We are having our second day of winter and hopefully it will improve and not come back. 26F this morning is not our normal by 40 degrees or so.

stephanie, yummy fruit and fabric. Well done!

Pine Cone, you have a sunny disposition today! Warms me from there….Thanks.

EP, wow! Your continuous lines are great. Very recognizable, well, maybe the marble looks like a cookie. But, very nice. Applause and a smile.

Scatty, OK, you lost me on pooter! The trusty knife is so nice. Excellent shading.

jmfletch

PC – I am with EP that must have been a cool shirt. Like how you stylized it with denim.

EP – HOLY COW! I am hesitant to try one continuous line blind contour and you do half the Hunt. Worse is they are almost all recognizable! Really amazing.

Scatty – Love the soft shading. That is my fav graphite style and you do it well. Also like the trusty – rusty comment.

Jo – We are back to normal down here. Mornings in mid 50s going to mid 70s during day which is typical January-February temps.

Am off to PT hope to sketch a few items on iPad there.

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

eyepaint

Ai – lovely floral pattern on the fabric. Any chance of seeing a photo of the dress?

Stephanie – the cast shadows from the fruit show off the lovely pattern in the fabric! Well done!

PC – I enjoy seeing the “scaffolding” for the letters :)

Scatty – thank you. Your tool is a folding knife, yes?

Jo – thank you. I chuckled at how the drawings of some objecs as being a bit difficult to “read” – that’s why I wrote in brackets what it was :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.