Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery A trio of Roses

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ScarlettRose

Painted on Bockinford cold pressed paper, weight 300gms with White nights watercolours. Wet into wet technique, with no reference photo.
        I love painting flowers and roses are my absolute favorite to paint using wet into wet technique.

C&C welcome.

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso
        [/COLOR][FONT="Verdana"]:wink2:

Bill

These are beautiful, Rosie. I would be interested in seeing a WIP of your procedure.
            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

KiwiKate

Beautiful. I love how you shape the petals by lifting color. A good reminder of this effective technique.

Kate
                Henderson, Nevada
                C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

tmwilliams

I agree with Bill!

Thomas

ScarlettRose

Thankyou all for your encouragement.
                        Bill and Thomas. If i can find anywhere to put a work in progress I will post one. I start off with a wet into wet blob and work the petals from there.

Kate. I use a pointed dagger brush for the leaves and then an angled shader to lift off the lighter bits. Some come out ok but some don’t. I keep working on the technique.

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso

Zeldaquatic

Beautiful result !

ScarlettRose

Thankyou Zelda.

Cheers Rosie.

Hi ScarlettRose, these are beautiful, you must really know your roses to be able to paint such delicate flowers without any reference material. Excellent control and using my personal favourite Bockingford paper as well. Paul :-)

Watercolour Wildlife Site: https://devonartist.co.uk/
                                FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/thedevonartistpaul
                                Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheDevonArtist
                                YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDevonArtist

ScarlettRose

Paul, Thankyou for your kind words of encouragement. You have me right, I adore roses.
                                    These last few weeks I have started to paint almost every evening and I can now I see improvement showing in my paintings.

Cheers Rosie.

hoylander

Lovely shapes and tones!

Joan :wave:
                                        ScarlettRose

Joan, Thankyou for your encouragement.

Cheers Rosie.

SueNM

Oh WOW!

Artist in training
                                                Tijeras,NM

ScarlettRose

Thankyou so much. I have just finished another few rose paintings, I think I should be called, I can’t stop painting roses! LOL

Cheers Rosie.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.