WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Lord of the Arts
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 17th July 2017 ***

I have been nursing a pinched nerve in my lower back for three weeks. This morning while taking a shower, I heard a pop. My lower back no longer hurts.

Darla, I went through the same thing when my two youngest daughters moved away. However, their spouses had jobs that they did not quit once the move took place. Hope that Larry has the surgery sooner than later.

Caryl, Beautiful apple! Love the barn and chicken coop.

Heat index will be in the hundreds!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:26 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Linda, the best price for shirataki noodles is Skinny noodles shipped from from Walmart. But, you can also check Miracle Noodles and one supermarket near me sells Pasta Zero. I love it and there is a trick on how to cook it. Let me know if you need help. It's quite simple.
Bill

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Hi again - just got in from doing the first pick of blueberries - the bushes are so loaded, but a lot are almost, but not quite ripe. We have different bushes so they don't all ripen at the same time. And I picked some raspberries - they are also doing well this year. The chickens love it when I toss them a few. Bettu
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:29 PM
South of France

Hails from France

Leaving soon for the lecture.

Linda, I try to vary the pleasures, according to what is proposed around. There is not an enormous profusion of intelectual activities during winter ergo, as the camel, in summer I make my winter reserves

I agree with Uschi you have a solid little group of "habitués" who have kknown eachother for years, and have been faithfull to the group, and that is all that matters, regardless the fact you can shelter, and appreciate new peoples" company, and rethoric

I will try the bucket tomorrow, Uschi, and will et you know. My animals will be using it as drinking spot, as Vasco and Brume have been doing with my brushes rinsing bowl, while I do my studies, and sketches.
I'm in the middle of The Muse, by Jessie Burton. Quite good, and entertaining. That will do, to go along with the "bucket treatment"

Char, great job on the truck. I could have bought it myself .

Caryl, great apple, and view. As usual.

Nancy, great you are feeling well.

Thank you, Bill, I will enjoy the lecture, for certain, even if I know the poetess' work already. There is allways something new in these lectures.
I agree with Bill, Linda, shirataki pasta are the best!

Have a nice day / evening washers of all continents

"Art is there to prevent us from dying of the reality" - Nietzsche

Last edited by provenceaquarelle : 07-17-2017 at 01:34 PM.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 02:26 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
West of Toronto in God's country

Hails from Canada

Caryl, that apple looks delicious good enough to take a bite out of it .

Doug i like your colour coded chart I sometimes do that with lists of people.
That Dalehouse cost was that for the week to house 4 people ? was that a seaside resort?

Les
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Doug it is 25C in our front garden @1900 hours...reckon that's about 80F.

Trees still falling down, one on my head,just as I had taken my baseball cap off!

geoff
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

That's part of the spreadsheet I had to record people and costs for the week Les. £1,400 was the hire for Dale House which has 19 bed spaces, 4 in a top floor dormitory.

The whole week worked very well, we had two meets at Kettlwell and it cost less than £100 each for the week. Members volunteered to cook evening meals in turn and I bought a supply of essentials for breakfasts, lots of bacon, trays of eggs, oven size square pizzas, several loaves, cereals and gallons of milk. Members would get up and cook a communal breakfast.

We had lunch out and on arrival the evening meal at the local pub.

A splendid week in all. Here's the report of the Meet.

Doug
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 03:24 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Some of those I hadn't seen before Doug...some nice pictures of our County.

geoff
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 05:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Doug, Bill, Les.....the innocents...
What do spiders do when they make babies? Sex, lads, sex! That is the S word!

Uschi, keep on with your self-motivation. You'll feel a whole lot better growing old! Use it or lose it!

Maria, I'm so glad you found us too. I have only passed through the top of your adopted country but am fascinated by it. I am reading a book on the story of Suzanne Aubert, a French nun (from Lyon) who came to NZ in the 1860's.
My sister has done a large body of fibre art on her life. It is touring NZ and she has been invited to take it to France too.

Ellen, i keep meaning to tell you....I was fascinated by your telling of the adult swallows circling and calling their young. I have shared that with quite a few people. We have never seen that here, i guess we don't have swallows in such numbers. Isn't nature wonderful?

Nancy, yay for the pop!

Darla, yes the acute pain of missing them passes, but you learn to accomodate it, it's always there. I always think of the opportunities our family have had because they moved, not only to another country but a totally different way of life. We have been blessed by that too, several times now.
Soon they will be here again, for 3 weeks, and then my heart will ache all over again with their leaving. Goes with the pain (and pleasure) of being a parent and grandparent.

Better wave and scoot and get on with another fabulous day in Kiwiland.

Carpe Diem!
Just do it!

Last edited by Lulu : 07-17-2017 at 05:51 PM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
West of Toronto in God's country

Hails from Canada

Doug at that meet you all seemed to have had a great time and even got some painting done . What did the peoples other halfs non painters do in the meantime ?

Lulu well we are innocents our minds do not travel in that direction we are getting old don't u know?

Well it has been six weeks since my cataract later surgery and I went back for a checkup this afternoon. The doctor was quite pleased he also said the pressure behind the eye(Glaucoma) has remained constant as it has been for years so he doesn’t want to see me for another six months , life is good .

Les

Last edited by webLes : 07-17-2017 at 05:40 PM.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Les.....refer to my message to Uschi.....

Ps I'll be back for a cyber coffee at the Wash cafe next weekend or later lol
No way could i do it daily with even my real life friends here let alone you cyber lot!

Carpe Diem!
Just do it!

Last edited by Lulu : 07-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:43 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Larry and I went for an ice cream tonight after dinner, then we came home and sat outside on our swing for about an hour and a half. It was so peaceful and just a gorgeous evening. We will set the alarm to get up around midnight to possibly see the northern lights. We didn't see any last night but they said there is a better chance tonight. Jen just texted us and said that Kody and Kaitlyn and Kelsea have built a fire on the beach and she's taking the two little ones to see the aurora borealis if possible. She watched last night until 1am but never saw any. Where they live it's something they'll see frequently. Klaira is all excited so I hope it's not a wasted evening.

LuLu, you are so right, it always hurts but you are happy for them too. Catch 22.

This is a good year for flowers and berries. Larry and I want to get some blueberries to freeze. Our beans are blossoming and it won't be long now and I'll be canning some of those. Our garden looks very good so I hope the tomato's do well.

Have a great evening or morning for some of you. I'll be back in the morning. It's like an obstacle course getting to work with all the construction going on.

Darla