WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#196   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia
Re: The Greenie's Room March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle1
Carol have you gotten to ride Maddie, how is he doing on the meds?
Thanks for asking Elaine. The new meds will take about 3 months to settle in. Unfortunately this time with the hock injections he did not clear the eye all that well, unlike last time. I suspect it is because he has now established chronic fibrosis in the eye and it is what it is from now on.

The riding is very frustrating at the moment and most of my lessons I get lectured on what I should not be doing. The dumb thing is that 2 years ago I could not turn him right, well I worked on that and got through it...now I cannot turn left ...sigh I will work through this but it is frustrating the heck out of me.

Quote:
Going to be a bit short this morning, like an idiot I lost my balance this morning and toppled over on the side porch, thank goodness the rail was there but it took a rather nice chunk out of my right hand, kinda hurts..haha
Typing not going so well with just the left..haha and I just picked up a brush again, I really need to pay more attention I think, must have been still half asleep. Am fine but as a lefty reeeeeally slow...
Miss Elaine....
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #197   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Elaine - take more water with it!

Sorry to be AWOL - just got home tonight - Int. connection in YOrkshire very iffy - limited time tonight doing other things *sigh* - tomorow will def. comment on the PP.

Katherine - are you drowning? - will send lifebelt - hugs to you too.

HI and g'night to all Greenies - I'm tired and need my sleep!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #198   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Elaine!!!! Girlfriend, watch it. . .and your right hand. . .bummer!!

Maureen, we are having spurts of rains here, but all are welcomed after last Summer!! Get plenty of rest, Sweetie!!

Carol, you and Maddie have really hit another hard spell! Take it easy for both of you!! (BTW, Raymo is still lurking. . . )

Kay has already posted our PP for April. . .Garden Gates. Agnes has already seen it and is excited about the topic. . .me, too. She did not get the topic that I am going to use in May! Garden Gates are going to be a lot of fun, though!! Great job, Kay!!

Meryl, how are you. . .sure don't like it when you are quiet!

We had a wonderful day selling the Golf Tourney. . .people are really giving us lots of support!!

Hello to all the ones that are not here right now!!

Hugs, Katherine
  #199   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Scotland

Hi everyone,,
Helppp!!! Raymu is my nieghbor!!!( )Now everybody will envy me..hahaha!Hi Raymu,you must be basking yourself in the sun getting your self silly brown!
Sunshine again today,its bean great this week,20-16 degrees..every body is out,doing the garden,cutting grass,putting clothes on line!I was even walking on my sundress this week on my flipflops...Ahhh the feeling of wearing something comfy that goes with wind,nothing beats to it!
Was awoken with the NGEEEEEEEEEEENGEEEEE NGEEE of the lawnmower,somebody is cutting grass at 7am,so decided to finish the other piece for PP,didnt finish it though, just posted it<angel Maureen will smack me..Hope not!!.Go out to get bin in,its our green bin day,and realize that somebody has cut my front yard grass,, hmmm must be the nieghbor... I say "goodmorning" to him yesterday,wonder what he will do for me if I ask his name,and stop for a wee chat(Talk about weather Meryl dahlin??)
Cant resist to go out,must admit,I only cherish the sun here in UK,its like a different one,nice on the skin,its calling me to go out,go to highstreet....Oh well nice change going to highstreet at 5am just for the boxing day cuz NEXT opens at 6am,wrap up,probably wearing 10 kilo gear as if going to war with the Titans!!and then going home,feeling like every bit of bone was broken since no clothes fits,and still got to try them on,,try them on again and try them on,until no strenght left..(usually they put on sale clothes not my size!! ..)
Today is friday,would spend the night in,,or might be out again in the park..getting a hayfever smelling all the lovely daffies,feelin dramatic sitting on a big straw hat,NOOO, I use umbrella,dont want to be more browner,or else when DH comes home he will not going to see me at night unless I smile or worst he would want me to wear neon nighties with street signs that says "man at work","Oneway" "no U-turn" "this way"..LOL!My little bad brain!!
Right,Goodbye March..I do enjoy it this month!!
Love you all Flower Girls and Guys!
Hugs!!
  #200   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Oh my, Agnes, you sound full of energy this morning. Enjoy the sun while you have it and keep your neighbor Ray in line. He is one of the good guys (just likes to act bad)

Elaine, how are you today? No more mishaps I hope. Raymo should have been there to catch you.

Garden Gates sounds like fun painting. I think they are intriguing, even painted one once. Maybe I will venture into the studio and do some more.

My Blog
  #201   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Texas

Hails from United States

Patti, I think that Agnes is getting too much sun. . .she is talking like a wild person today! Neon and directions. . . Yes, we need a Garden Gate or two this month!!

Elaine, ohhhhh, guess the hand is really speaking to you today!!! Ouchy!!! Take it easy and rest that Garden Gate hand!! Hugs!!

Maureen, have you rested enough?? Sounded like you were exhausted!! Perk up or you will not keep up with Agnes!!

Carol, give Maddie another carrot from me, please!!

Meryl, do you have a Garden Gate Downunder???

Oops, have to be at the Art Studio right now. . .Hugs!!

Katherine
  #202   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiqueteacher
Carol, give Maddie another carrot from me, please!!
One would think the horsie isn't spoiled in any way....sad to say, he truly is. He knows it too and will beg for carrots or mints if he sees you coming out of the tack room with something in your hands.

The vet is coming to check the eye today. I noticed yesterday he had what looked like a little bump on it. I don't remember seeing it before. His eye ball surface is a little uneven since the injury but this seems to be new. His eye did not appear painful so I don't think it is too much to worry about but he did have an eye abscess about a year ago and as the inflammation from the injury has not completely gone away for 2.5 years, we are nervous about it.
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #203   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:09 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Ahhh - poor Maddie - and I do hope that's not more eye problems in the offing - nasty.

Katherine - we could do with some rain here - parts of the country in drought status. Garden is very dry and I might have to water it. We are due for much colder weather this week tho' - the temp's already dropping rapidly. Kept thinking summer was here already!
Hope the golf tourny is going well - bet you're tired!

Agnes has me exhausted with all her chatter and I'm 'seeing' her waltzing down the street in sundress and flip-flops, batting eyelashes at the neighbours (to get them to her grass, of course!!!!) and then going on a spending spree! Phew!!!

I wonder why Kay posted early - probably thinking March had only 28 days like Feb!?
I've put the Gallery up in March's PP - go take a looksee

Hello all missing friends here - talk to you later eh?

TTFN.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My saa website**
  #204   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the hugs, been using them up too..hahaha Hand is little stiff, nicely scabbing over 'just' where you need to flex your wrist... but fine, as for the rest of me...ugh. Seems there is this rather nasty flu? virus? thing circling and of course my daughter and the kids got it then oh so nicely passed it on to me..haha It's the craziest thing I've ever seen, comes and goes, severe back pain, stomach upset, total joint pain and fever and you can't eat or it reacts unpleasantly. I was in bed all day yesterday and the day before yesterday fairly okay. Could be why I was a tad off in the balance department that morning feeding the kitties. So far good this morning, only a bit of discomfort, I'm told it should only last four days, fingers crossed I haven't felt this bad since the lyme disease thing. Haven't really eaten in three days and I can testify that now I am tempted to eat everything I can think of...LOL
Always something I guess, think they call it life..

Carol poor Maddie is having his moments with that as well, hopefully that little bump you spotted isn't anything major and can be tended to swiftly.
They all get used to be spoiled I think, I would go out to Vel with my hands behind my back and she'd just nudge and push looking for something, if nothing then she'd snort hahaha obviously her way of saying 'Not fair'.
Give the boy a pat for me and a carrot if it's okay with you.

Hi Meryl, you're as quiet as can be girl, hope you're just painting and everything is okay!

Katherine it's raining here this morning, which I'm thinking is fine, they were reporting for snow... Don't over due there girlfriend you are a busy little bee..haha

Patti Raymo catch me..LOL that would be a sight I'd be over the railing me thinks.

Agnes you are like spring, all ready to go, bloom where you're planted and dressed for the occasion..you go girl Our little sassy sister...I'm hoping it's catchy I could use some bounce in my step..haha

Maureen hope you had fun getting away a bit, did you get anything interesting while shopping, at least a little treasure I hope.
I thought maybe Kay thought there were only 30 days in March and figuring some are a day ahead she posted.

Well some good news for me, Larry and the guys seem to be back to work, fingers crossed it continues. Our Anniversary is tomorrow, yup on April Fool's Day, really hoping everything settles down with me so we can perhaps go out to dinner.

Something else kind of nice, my alma Mater, Mount St. Mary's has closed and the huge building was bought by their college. I was contacted to see if I would be willing to create a piece of art to hang in the old building representing the Class of 62, I thought that was rather nice of them to remember me. Attending a meeting to get more detail in what they are looking for.

Well I am going to get myself some breakfast.. I will catch you all later..
Oh almost forgot...Tracy hi sweetie!! We'll get our day in the sun..eventually
see you next time you're in Starbucks..haha

Okay then,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #205   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:06 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Elaine, so sorry for your illness and hoping you are much better today. Yes, it could have caused you to lose your balance. Big hug for you.

Agnes you should have gone to breakfast with us this morning. Such a lovely sunrise but no camera and we were sitting in the restaurant looking out through the window blinds. I know if you were with us you would have jumped up and ran out to take a picture. And then you could have written something poetic about the purple, pinks and yellow. The scene from inside would have been ruined by all the people and blinds. Oh well, there will be another one.

Maybe Kay was excited and "just had to post". It's a good choice and sounds like fun. Wish we were over in St. Augustine or one of the other old towns where they have interesting gates and doorways.

My Blog
  #206   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Dominica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiqueteacher
(BTW, Raymo is still lurking. . . )

Oh you big fuddy duddy....

Raymo's Super Hot Damn Art-o-Rama Page
  #207   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Scotland

Hi Flower girls and gals.

Sorry about Maddie Carol,hope she get well soon.
Today the sky is beautifully,blue with scattered clouds,the sun plays hide and seek on its silvery linings makin me sing~~~~~~where (you are the) is the sunshine...the bloody sunshine,(my only sunshine )~~~cut a little bit of grass outside,using scissors ..no I never drive a lawnmower before,might do it soon...need to reeve it up..
Elaine ,am sure your batch will be proud to have an Elainistic hanging on the wall.
Sorry to hear you are not well,hugs from me and get well soon.
Happy Anniversary to you!
Patti,how you know I always take pic with everyone and everything ?traded my big cam tosmall one as big ones frightening people ,and makes me look so tourist .
Now,am not familiar with planting on spring..or summer,just reallize that there are certain plants on different times..Back in philippines we plant all yr round.
Hi Kath,yeah I think am so high,funny how the sun changes around here,colors of clothes,gardens,and parks..its like a gloomy sepia picture turns into colored.
My phone is dying,would blah blah more later..
  #208   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Lord of the Arts
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi All, sorry I have been absent, and yes Noods all is ok, just flat out at the moment. So sorry to hear you took a spill, and really glad you never hurt yourself more.. We dont bounce as well as we use to. Hugs hon.

Carol, really sorry to hear Maddy is still battling, I really hope that in the end all this will correct itself and hell be back prancing around. I really feel for you, not only the expense but the worry and concern you are constantly living with..

Im sorry I cant post more, huggs to you all and heres hoping all are well, fit and happy. Im hosting the Landscape challenge this month and only came on to set the sticky.. then must be off to town to pick up a canvas block for a painting I have been asked to do for a friend.

Oh on a last note am returning to work on the 10th April, cant come soon enough for me. SIL came yesterday and God love her, went out and bought me meat to eat. Really grateful but also feel like a charity case.
I dont know, was born backwards and seem to do everything backwards.... Most people start out building a house and have a mortgage. Me.... I build a house free and clear.. and every decade end up with a bigger and bigger mortgage... Everything is going up so much for everyone, everywhere... for me I can see Im going to be forced to sell out in the end.. Who ever said "Life wasnt meant to be easy" should have been shot. At 60 I cant be doing with this crap.

Luv to you all, me mates

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #209   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Awwww Meryl - my heart goes out to you ...

I'll pop over to Landscapes and see if I can find time this month - go to support friends

Am unsticking this and opening April's Greenies' Room

**My saa website**