Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kieru

Hello! I decided to try to enter the Pebeo Mixed Media Contest, and I thought I’d share the progress of my piece here! It’s looking really crazy at the moment, what with the red and yellow underpainting and all the unpainted modeling paste over the top of it, but maybe it will be interesting to see how it comes together as I update this thread! Sorry if the imagery is also kind of indecipherable right now, which I assume it is. It’s top-down view of a girl floating in a lily pond. The modeling paste is supposed to create the surface texture of the water.

Cyndi L

That is going to be wicked cool! Welcome to the MM forum at WetCanvas :)

Welcome to the forum and to WetCanvas! This is very exciting work so I will stay tuned for its development.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

kieru

Okay, I think I’m almost done applying the bare modeling paste. I’m going to try sanding it a bit once it’s dried some more and then I’ll see what I think. Then to start actually painting! I decided to leave the face free of modeling paste for the moment. I know that it would be dimensional like anything else but I feel maybe there needs to be some rest from all the texture, and it may be easier to paint if it’s flat.

Maybe once I’ve sanded the modeling paste, I’ll do another red underpainting over the top of it… Idk, just thinking out loud right now.

Cyndi L

That is a lot of texture! The face is in a good spot to be the focal point, and leaving it untextured might be just the contrast needed to ensure the eye goes there first. I dunno…go with your gut!

lisilk

Looks really interesting so far. Can’t wait to see it finished.

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
                        kieru

I don’t have much time to finish this, plus I’m out of town until the evening of the 29th, so only 2 days to finish it when I get home!

This is how it looks right now. I finally got around to starting the face, but I’m not liking how it’s going. Still needs a lot of work!

Eraethil

Great concept and fun to see it come together!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                                Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Cyndi L

Not sure what you don’t like about it specifically, but I think the effect you’re getting is awesome!

kieru

It’s getting there! The contest entry period ends tomorrow night, so I’ve got to get it done! The next part of my plan, once I’m done with the acrylic, is to put Pebeo Vitrail, Fantasy Moon, and Fantasy Prisme on top!

Cyndi L
                                            Teddy

Intriguing process! I can’t call it a revival of old painting techniques and also a brand new technique… so much could be typed about the painting style and image itself… awaiting the final in patience.

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                                                ✶ 
                                                ✮ 
                                                ✧  
                                                ✶ 
                                                       ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                                           teds

kieru

We’re closing in on the final, guys! Below is the image of the painting right before I started applying the Vitrail and Fantasy paints. I’ll show the next photo in a separate post.

kieru

Here it is, with the Vitrail and Fantasy paints applied! It’s drying now, and is not 100% finished yet. I want to redo the eyes, maybe, and I have to fix the forehead cuz I dripped blue Vitrail on it hhhhhhhhhh

Anyway, hope it’s not too disappointing! I’ll post the final final version in a few hours, if everything goes mostly according to plan!

kieru

FINISHED!!~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.