Home Forums The Learning Center Studio Tips and Framing How do I straighten this easel tray?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zeropoint

I borrowed this easel to photograph some paintings, and the tray on it is crooked. I’ve tried all the different knobs and levers on the easel, and there’s one that will raise/lower the tray, but nothing seems to help adjust the tray.

I don’t know the make/model of this easel, but I was hoping someone here would have used a similar one and have some ideas. Thanks!

OK

From what I can see the whole easel is leaning over to the left. Usually all three legs are adjustable for length, you need to lengthen the left leg to get things level.
            Only the back leg is visible in your photo and that seems to be telescopic.
            We really need some photos of the bottom of the legs to see how they lock in place.
            Some telescopic legs have a devise inside that expands when you twist the leg clockwise locking the leg. To release twist anticlockwise.
            Others have an over centre leaver, perhaps the band I can see on the rear leg is part of such a mechanism?
            The easel looks in pore condition so maybe the leg is jammed and needs a bit of gentle persuasion to free it.

:wave: Dave.

“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
            — Allen Ginsberg
            Are you ready for a Journey?
            PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting, please don’t press the like button.

zeropoint

Thank you! I’ll mess with the legs and come back with photos of them if no luck.

Yeah, my neighbor said he didn’t really use this one himself, so it’s seen better days.

Thanks (and props for your “Supermarket in California” signature)!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.