Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Show Us Your Best Stuff, December, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Guidelines for this thread are:

This thread will remain a sticky for the duration of the month. You are invited to post as frequently as you like with only one restriction, the photo should be taken by YOU in the month that is posted at the top of this thread. Since you posted the image because you considered it is some of your best work, I am asking that comments be restricted to only praise and applause.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

I took this on November 30th but decided to use it to start the Best Stuff thread for the final month of 2019.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

I took this on November 30th but decided to use it to start the Best Stuff thread for the final month of 2019.

Wow!!! …. That is a killer shot. Simply sensational.
        Deep rich colour, exceptional detail, and a composition to die for.
        Pere Marquette 1225 is such a beautiful lady! She’s all POWER and CLASS!
        I LOVE IT!
        :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Anonymous

Sensational !!! is an understatement.
            I hope everyone in the “photo family” can fully appreciate Lorell for everything she brings. Everyone here is truly blessed.

Quint

Powerful, majestic shot, Lorell !!

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

damar

Absolutely OUTSTANDING, Lorell!!!
                    Times 10!
                    Perfect!!!!!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                    Photos are ©2021
                    Irishwhistler

Lorell,
                        SPECTACULAR SHOT LASS 👍.

Mikey ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

OMG, I am blushing. You all just made me feel so good.

You know what i wish?
                        I wish we could all be together and go out and photograph this steam locomotive as it goes flying by. First you hear the whistle in the distance then then you see the bright light and billowing steam over the trees in the distance. And as it approaches, your heart starts pounding. And then it is just about in your face and the ground starts to tremble. And lastly you feel the breeze and the RUMBLE as it passes you by. And one of the best things is that the engineering keeps blowing that whistle all the time.

Thank you all so very much.
                        LORELL

Greenhill

To generate all that steam (smoke?) I reckon they must run it on rags soaked in sump oil!!!

MY FLICKR

Humburger

Beautiful, Lorell.

Ginny
                                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                C & C Welcome

Anonymous

I’m speechless.

A masterful photo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greenhill

Dave, when I first saw it, it left me speechless also!

And when are we to be “showered with steam” with more wonderful images from your new camera, you promised us, Lorell? :)

MY FLICKR

damar

You know what i wish?
                                            I wish we could all be together and go out and photograph this steam locomotive as it goes flying by. First you hear the whistle in the distance then then you see the bright light and billowing steam over the trees in the distance. And as it approaches, your heart starts pounding. And then it is just about in your face and the ground starts to tremble. And lastly you feel the breeze and the RUMBLE as it passes you by. And one of the best things is that the engineering keeps blowing that whistle all the time.
                                            Thank you all so very much.
                                            LORELL

That is a very sweet thing to wish!
                                            :heart:
                                            Thanks Lorell!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                                            Photos are ©2021
                                            Anonymous

You set the bar for this month’s “Best of…” thread very high, Lorell.

But since this isn’t a competition, and we’re all friends here, I’d like to post one taken a few hours ago…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm @ 155mm, handheld & manual, 1/250 sec, f/6.0, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Not much processing done here: a crop, some localized Curves tweaking, a slight boost to the yellows of the leaf, and a minor desaturation of the pebbles.

Sometimes it’s worth going out in the rain and getting soaked; the light and colors are so much different than those of a bright sunny day.

Anyway, while I’m pleased with the version here, I can see several things worth trying because they might improve the image. What suggestions do you all have?

Anonymous

I really like it. What about a gradual darkening on the right side similar to the left side?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.