WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2020, 08:21 AM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The Goalpost January 2020

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them.

I expect this post to be filled wth New Year Resolutions...I'm hoping mine will make it to next month!

Lose weight...yeay, yeah, I know!
Attend puppy training classes with Megan.
Do more art...at home!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Macon, GA

Hails from United States
Re: The Goalpost January 2020

Thanks for the nudge, Deirdre. The New Year is certainly an appropriate time for setting goals!

1. I want to lose MORE weight. I began a weight loss program in July and am down 25 pounds. I'd like to lose 10 more... and I will. I also need to get back to the gym on a regular basis.

2. I want to paint more.... and with more boldness and freedom. Like so many, I feel I am much too tight and pay too much attention to detail. I am striving to become more loose and painterly!

3. I want to attempt portraits of my two granddaughters. I have done a few portraits in oils, but for whatever reason, it seems more daunting with pastels. I suppose it's because I am rather new to them, having just started in June. But I can't get there without taking the first step.... and after all, it's just a piece of paper and a bit of pastel, so if I should flub up, I can either wash it off or grab a new piece of paper and start all over again.

I joined Wet Canvas many years ago when I was working with watercolor and colored pencils. Then I stopped creating for awhile and stopped reading here. A few years ago, I switched to acrylics ... and then moved on to oils. In May, I attended a pastel workshop and fell in love with them! I find that so much of creating with oils transfers to pastel.... but pastel seems to be more forgiving!

Looking forward to getting back on track with a more regular painting schedule... Happy New Year!!

Mike
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2020, 09:18 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

I'm also on a weight loss regime but I have a bit more to shift than all here .
I aim to do so this year .

Both of us here have had health issues but seem to be ok at the present, I am intending to continue with the miniatures but I have some other details to see to first.

This month seems to be going fast - 2/3rds of it gone already.
Jim.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:12 AM

Hails from England

Glad to hear I have company on my weight loss battle!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deirdre*
Glad to hear I have company on my weight loss battle!

I need reminding - like every day !
Jim.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2020, 06:51 AM

Hails from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mij
I need reminding - like every day !
Jim.
Me too!!! 2lb this week!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2020, 01:59 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

OK. I did lose 2 pounds. But went to visit our son in Ventura....and gained them back. It's a new week. I'll try again!

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 06:27 PM

I am not sure how much weight is gone for good as it keeps going and coming back but I'll keep on trying....... I have not done any art work but I have managed to do some housework and fit a new light blub in the utility room .
( visitors on Thursday)
Jim.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 08:13 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

I feel like a yo-yo! You can guess right now what my goal will be for next month!

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2020, 07:07 PM

Hails from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by water girl
I feel like a yo-yo! You can guess right now what my goal will be for next month!
You're not alone...we could bounce in synch!