Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical MARCH Plant Parade ~ Purple Flowers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 135 total)
  • Author

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS]HELLO, I AM YOUR MARCH HOST[/FONT]

This month’s theme will be exploring florals exhibiting the color purple, a vivid secondary hue made by combining blue with red. Many different varieties of purple exist in nature. You may use all these or your own references if you so wish * :thumbsup:

Any medium may be used. Please tell us your size of your artwork and medium when posting.

Posting date is on the 25th of the month :cat:

MY CHALLENGE: Mix your purple instead of using a manufacturer’s ready made color and tell us what/how you got the shade ;)

Purple tulip

Purple hydrangeas

Purple crocus

Purple cactus

Purple bell (torenia)

Purple petunias

Purple pansy

Purple iris buds

Purple clematis

Purple row of tulips

Purple lavender

Purple poppy

Additional Forum Staff Challenge

……. make a second entry (different ref. or repeat use of the same reference) using a medium with which you have particular grumbles normally!
    *Images are from morguefile free photos archive available for re-use, commercial adaptation; no attribution required

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Lovely choices, Kay. Thanks for hosting.

Christel

Beautiful photos and a beautiful topic Kay! Thanks for Hosting!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Oooh – one of my favourite colours – thank you Kay!

AND – I’ve added the Staff Challenge – wanted to add lots of evils – :evil::evil::evil: but it made too many images :(

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Rundun

Oh what a lovely display of beautiful flower.i hope I can try one.thanks Kay.Imelda

Kay, thanks for the lovely choices for this month. Love purple in all shades but especially lavender. Now to pick from these lovely choices.

LIL

I’m glad you all liked these and thrilled to see another challenge. With 26 days till the reveal that should be enough time to select and paint. There are several I’d like to do.

Kay

catjoe

Thank you Kay for the beautiful choices. I like the challenge of mixing a purple.

Kathy
            I love friends to visit my blog: My Blog: Minding My P's with Q

thanks Kathy, me too. Years ago Watercolor magazine that was produced by American Artist published an article on purples and it was amazing how many the different artists created.

Kay

Pat

Lovely photos- I LOVE purple flowers! I may be able to work one of these in this month, fingers crossed!

~Pat

Pat St.Onge/ FineArtAmerica
                PAWS Painter (Etsy)

Margaretta

Oh yes! I started singing “Deep Purple”, “Purple Haze”, “We’ll gather Lilacs..” Showing my age! . The colour of cardinals, royalty….and the humble violet (a touch of Mozart?).
                    Fabulous references and purple and green have always been my favourite colours. My little studio (box room) and many of the items in it are lilac and purple. People say it’s soothing but I’ve always found this range of colours exciting.
                    Thank you so much for this fabulous reference.:wave:

Through striving, to the stars.:confused:

Triduana

Thanks Kay. Love those crocuses. Ours were just beginning to open but they’ve been buried under the snow now.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Did you know that during the Roman Empire purple was reserved for the emperor, hence ‘royal purple’.

Mixing it ….I am, of course, capable of making mud as well as purple …. I’ll try to be good!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Margaretta – “Purple Rain”! Im showing my age as well!
                        I love the color purple too – Ive never found it soothing though – I find it an exciting color!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Ladysue

Wonderful!
                            It’ll be a fun challenge to get the right purple by mixing colored pencils. Love the pictures. I’ll give it a go.

Ladysue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 135 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.