Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Guernsey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

I’ve started a Guernsey for Lesley, a friend. It’s a 5 ply wool in “heather” colour.

I have a pattern for a plain Guernsey knitted with two needles, but am knitting it in the “Seahouses” pattern using an “Addi” circular needle.

Penny
    I live in Wiltshire, England
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Seahouses pattern

Penny
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Debby

That’s quite a project. You are a master knitter!

Debby
        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Thank you, Debby! I don’t know if I deserve that name, but I enjoy using the fine wool on small gauge needles, size two and a quarter mm (13). I’m knitting the welt in garter stitch before starting the pattern. 😊

Penny

I don’t like the way the pattern is turning out and am changing to this Norfolk, Sheringham pattern from a chart. I am not knitting in the round, but am going to knit in the flat on a circular needle.

Penny

Lena

Good luck with that! I don’t know if my wrists could handle a whole geurnsey like that.
            I am currently knitting on 1.5 mm needles and I have to take breaks and do something else for a few days at the time.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

That’s a nice pattern too.

Debby
                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Thanks, Debby. It’s easy to keep track of now I’ve got it set. Just doing a line where I cross the cables.

Penny

Thanks, Lena. It is upsetting the arthritis in my wrist, but once I get going I keep at it. Good luck with your project.

Penny

The pattern is set, now.

Penny

Debby

Nice. Really like that color.

Debby
                    Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Thanks, Debby. It is growing on me. I won’t use it for myself, it’s what my friend chose. I want to knit a grey one, next.

Penny

BlueLatitude

Very impressive! I would love to do a proper guernsey, but I think I would run out of steam halfway through. I am working on a guernsey-inspired sweater right now, but it is nowhere near as fine as a real one.

Gillian

Thank you, BlueLatitude. The one I knitted around 10 years ago, is still going strong. There is no deadline for this one and I am taking my time. I would like to see yours, sometime.

Penny

Stunning pattern!
                        Jen

Jennifer Landau
                        Proud to be published in Art Quilting Studio magazine and educating about wool at The Great Dickens Christmas Fair.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.