Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil how to "consume" colored pencils

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DaveArt95

Hello, maybe my question is a little strange.
        I have many colored pencils, too many, especially not for artists; I would like to consume these before buying more, better ones. What I ask is there are exercises (or other) in which many colored pencils are consumed? Because these pencils do not satisfy me fully to make real drawings.
        If you have other tips, they are welcome.
        Thank you

Pesto126

a few options:

– give them away… many schools/elderly groups would LOVE to have free supplies.

– Find a woodworker… colored pencil “blanks” are a big thing!

– Firepit – fuel for a cool summer evening!

Pingpongfan

You could just do sketching with them but they would take a long time to “consume”. I have had several tins of cheap pencils for years and they just sit in a box which I never open. I might just as well give them away as Pesto suggests. Once you start on good quality pencils, you probably won’t want to be bothered with producing mediocre depth of colour with the cheap ones. Can’t think of anything really useful to do with them except again as Pesto suggests, take them to a pre-school maybe in an area where kids can’t afford coloured pencils. Otherwise there is always Goodwill or a charity shop.
                Vena

ManedWolf

I have had several tins of cheap pencils for years and they just sit in a box which I never open.

Anything interesting? Willing to swap? Never give anything away before asking your friends if they might be interested – be it colour pencils or a 1700s chaise longue! *licks his lips*

Heikki

You can burn them into charcoal and draw with charcoal :P

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Demera

You could use them up fairly quickly by working on a sanded surface, particularly a very coarse one. Possibly some abstract piece that uses large amounts of many colours and fill every part of the paper.

You could always do what this person did…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVmWSphtLw

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.