Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Studio a wc, an oil and a digital

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    b’anna

Hey all! I’ve been doing art my entire life and the last 12 years or so I went digital. Last year I wanted to get back to traditional and get my hands dirty again picked up some water soluble oils. Then of course I had to try Watercolors and this week I picked up pan pastels. I have a digital instructor that comes from a traditional background. His classes are not so much, how to do this in digital but how to do it in any medium. And he is always telling us the method is the same just the medium changes so what he teaches you can take anywhere, so I decided to test out the theory. But no matter what the medium is I really love landscapes.

So I decided to share one of each. The one with the Waterfall is Watercolor, The dark forest with the rocks and path is oils and the last one is digital.

Thanks for looking and any thoughts or critiques are gladly welcome!

Barb

I must say they are all great but I prefer the watercolour and the pastel of the three.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Kaylen

I like them as well in order 1 3 2… I messed around with digital for a while when I was taking a break from painting and it was never quite satisfying to me , but I didnt get involved with it enough to make a judgement

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

b’anna

Thanks Doug, Kaylen!
                Kaylen, What I loved so much about digital is that it taught me to relax and enjoy painting more. Before I started digital I wanted every painting to be perfect and I was afraid to play and experiment. With digital you had that chance without messing up your progress. And now I just love to play and if it works fine, if not there is more paper where that came from! Plus I’m a computer geek and digital was a perfect marriage of my art side and my geek side!

Sorry Barbara, yes digital :rolleyes:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

b’anna

Doug, somehow I knew what you meant!

Pesto126

ha.. I like 2, 1, 3 in that order.. Guess I like digital… if you didn’t mention it was digital, I’m sure folks wouldn’t have even noticed!

b’anna

Thanks Pesto, If you saw some digital oils or watercolor done with the right program there is no way you could tell. But what I like with digital is it lets you do so much more with painting as well as overlays and all sorts of other things. I tend to paint traditionally in digital but boy, can you really have fun!

Barb

Monastic Bat

Hi Barb, I have admired your work for some time. These are all very nice pieces. I must say I agree with your instructor, the elements of good design, composition, and color are the same in any medium.
                                Nice to see your work.

Regards,
                                Greg.

[FONT=Century Gothic]So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in??? :lol:

b’anna

Thanks Greg!! It is so good to see you! I must say though I do miss the Brother but I guess he had to retire sooner or later….Sigh
                                    Barb

maryinasia

these are gorgeous! I esp like the deep darks in the digital.

They are all terrific. I think the watercolor has the most pop! But I may be a little biased.:wink2:

b’anna

Thanks Mary, Geezer!I can’t seem to make up my mind so I guess I just have to keep on playing…Such a shame…Yea. Right!

pjartwc

All good, but the watercolor is spectacular!!!

C&C WELCOMED

Jan

b’anna

Wow!! Thanks Jan!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.