Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery Broadbodied Chaser – pastels

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lisapencil

Hi folks, I haven’t posted in quite a while due to a hectic summer with the day job (landscaping). I have finally managed to finish this piece in a combination of soft pastels and pastel pencils. The wings were extremely complex to do. It is drawn on sennelier la carte paper and measures 12″ x 16″. Ironically whilst working in a customer’s garden a real life chaser landed and rested for quite a while on one of our spades, so I was able to observe and study him. The reference photo for the piece was taken from Jason Morgan’s british wildlife CD.

Humburger

Wow. Very intense and interesting.

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

Gorgeous! I’m moving it to the soft pastel forum:wave:

Christel

lisapencil

Thanks very much Ginny and Christel. :wave:

water girl

You tackled an extremely complicated subject and succeeded! Your composition works as well. Personally, I love La Carte for detailed work. Great choice.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

This is so cool! That insect is an engineering marvel and a thing of beauty and you did such great work on the wings!

Donna
                        C&C Always Welcome

lisapencil

Thanks very much Donna and watergirl. Insects are such fascinating creatures:cat:

kerri_oz

Great detail. You’ve done a really good job capturing the transparency of the wings.

I'm here to grow and learn as an artist, so C&C always welcome :D

lisapencil

Thanks very much Kerri:cat:

Ron

Very nice! Insects would be fun to paint…..

Amhahn

Beautiful work!

Keep creating joy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.