WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2017, 03:02 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time, April 2017

Lena, sorry about real life. Sorry to hear about your dad's decline. Thoughts and hugs coming your way. You made a mock up of the prom dress, cutting the actual fabric shouldn't be as stressful. You've already made this once. I believe in you.

Last several days have been hard emotionally, and I don't know why. I haven't felt like doing anything and am constantly on the verge of tears. Poor DH has been a trooper thru all of this. I start feeling a bit better and determine I should do something productive. I get up and do then pull back again. What's bothering me is I usually can point to a life stress issue when I'm feeling like this. I haven't found the stress this time.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Hey, I am still here. It looks like we all are having life problems. I know I sure don't want to do anything except lay on the bed and watch tv. I know I should get up and do something but I just don't have the energy. I think Pat is pretty much the same as me. He has spent most of this week off in bed sleeping. Alyssa and her mother was here on Friday for a dentist appointment. After almost 2 years the next in August appointment will be the last one. She got a new retainer this time for final adjustment on the teeth. Pat took her up there and then they came back for dinner which Pat fixed and then the two of them went to the movies. Alyssa stayed the night and then Saturday morning her mother picked her up and they left.

I can't get my camera to work on my computer for some reason. It worked before and now nothing. Frustrating as I had a couple Easter pictures I wanted to load and show. Maybe later because right now I don't even feel like messing with it any more.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2017, 02:34 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Eva, I'm glad you are still here. Sorry about your camera.

Nothing new to report at this time. *sigh*
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Pain clinic today to get the prescription for the percocet. Have to do that once a month as can only a one month supply at a time as it is an opium. Monday will be the dentist to pick up my new upper plate. We will see if I can even wear it. Tried wearing the lower plate today and now my mouth has two sores in it. The dental office is full of quacks I think. Then in another week is blood tests and primary doctor. Lucky as that doctor is only every three months. Still need to find time to get to the acupuncture doctor. He is only there a few days a weeks so have to work around his schedule and our schedule.

I sold 4 dolls this week and got them sent. She has them and is very happy with them. Now I need to get pictures of some of my other dolls and start selling them off. I have way too many Chatty Cathy family dolls and even extra clothes that I made. I will sell them off cheap. I know what I paid for them, which wasn't much as I am a cheapy buyer. The shipping is what is so high right now. Oh and I did get my camera to work. Still need a new battery, which I can not find in this town, so will see what I can find in Vegas. Can't seem to find the right one online either. The battery just doesn't hold much of a charge any more. It is old.

Hope every one is doing okay. We really need to get back to posting every day or two again. I do miss the posts.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Dad is back in the hospital. This time he will not be sent back to the apartment. They will find him a hospice to go to. I am in the process to get power of attorney because I have to deal with his apartment and taxes.

I am half way the prom dress and I have made 2 pairs of socks.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2017, 02:29 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Eva, sorry you are having issues with the dental work. Sad that you are selling off your dolls. I know how much you enjoyed working with them.

Lena, virtual hugs. Hard to know the end is near and yet have to be practical with legal issues. We are here if you need to vent.

Let's see... The oven had a spectacular short when DH was using the broiler to make bacon. Good thing he was there to prevent a fire. We have purchased a new stove but won't see it until Monday. In the meantime the burners still work. I'm making some ham and lentil stew.

I'm back at the doll pattern making. The wing patterns work quite well for the 14" and 16" dolls. The 18" American Girl doll is a problem. Her torso is larger for her height than the other, shorter dolls. Don't know if it's a phenomenon of the cloth body, or it's a deliberate design element. In any case, it makes it hard to get the wings I'm making to look good. The wings look fine on the dolls I've made that are about that height. But, the torso is much slimmer on my dolls. Back to the drawing board. (Literally.)
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

We had a long meeting with the doctors today. They are changing to purely comfort medication. His kidneys and liver are failing quickly and causing stress on his heart. He is very uncomfortable. The next meeting is with the Right to Die team. He has indicated he would rather end it all sooner then later.

I have the power of attorney now - he told them he wanted me to take care of everything.

I started new socks.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2017, 01:33 AM
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Lena, it is so hard to have to deal with all the stuff on your dad. It hasn't been that long that you went through everything with your mom. Glad you got the power of attorney taken care of.

The kids and I have all the stuff taken care of for me. We did it years ago before John was even ill. The only thing is all the dolls and Diana and Patrick want me to mark each of the dolls for value and cost. That changes so often than I don't even know what to put down. I think I will write what I paid of the doll and what the cost of the outfits are and they can figure out what they want to do with everything. As of right now I will see if I can't get some of them sold off. I have way to many of each kind any way so I will not feel bad about selling.

Went to dentist yesterday and got my new uppers. Got a few sore spots while they were trying to get the fit right so will not wear them for a couple of days to heal the mouth. Jokingly I said while they tech was grinding them down some that I thought I would go by a Dremel and grind them myself. The dentist said "good idea" you know where the spots are. The old retired dentist that makes the teeth was in the office while I was there and he thought good idea too. That is basically what they use to fix the dentures to fit all the little odd places in the mouth. I just might do that this week yet.

The first thing tomorrow I have to take Pat to Urgent Care. (can't get in to his primary) He has been sick for 3 days and nothing he is taking is working. I wanted him to go tonight but he didn't feel like cleaning up to go down there. He has done nothing but sleep. It might be one of the flu strains. He picks up lots of stuff working at the hospital.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2017, 04:52 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, glad to hear you got power of attorney for your dad. It's got to be tough. Sending you more hugs. The plus side is everyone you know is going to have warm socks to wear.

Eva, sorry your dentures aren't fitting properly. I thought they took molds to get the exact contours of your mouth. Pat sounds like he's really sick. And when you are that bad, you don't have to clean up. Just show up in your jammies and a robe. I'm sure he does catch a lot of stuff working at the hospital.

DH is on vacation this week and next. We were going to go on some photo gathering drives, maybe head down to Boise and visit the botanical gardens and the raptor sanctuary for more pictures. But..., it's done nothing but rain. And there is nothing but rain in the forecast. We are hoping that it'll dry out next week. However, it's not looking real good for that.

I put aside the wings for dolls and am making up some blank journals. I always make mom a new one for mother's day. And that's coming up soon. Mostly, I need a new journal.

Mom has realized she can't handle having two residences anymore and is talking about selling the house up here in Idaho. However, I've been informed that I need to make more trips to California to see her. *sigh* I call the woman Every Single Day! She keeps me on the phone for most of an hour every time, sometimes longer. Now, I'm supposed to spend every vacation coming to visit her? It's not that I won't come see her ever again. It's just I don't think it's necessary to use all of DH's vacation time to visit her. After all, now that the kids have moved to Vegas, I'm going to want to spend time to visit them once in a while. And, DH deserves to do fun stuff on his vacations. We can't do it all, every time. So, much as she wants it, it's not going to happen. I'm glad she's talking about selling the house. It's actually been too much for her to handle since she bought it. But with her movement restricted due to the back problem, it's even worse now. At least she used to be able to weed the environs around the house. But now she has to have a housekeeper to do the in depth cleaning and a yard service. There is no way she'll get a housekeeper or yard service out here in the sticks. Not part time when she's out here. Anyway, I'm sure that I'll get roped into doing stuff once she actually moves to sell the place. It's going to be a pain.

I wish I had progress to report on actual fiber art stuff, but I don't.