WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Pastels > Oil Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2017, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Art Supply Addicts Anonymous - 2017

My post from a couple of days ago duplucated itself today. Odd.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2017, 01:19 PM
western New York

Hails from United States

My latest deals (over a few weeks):

16 Mi-Tientes sheets at .67cents apiece reg. $3 each.
7 Arches 16x20 watercolor boards at $2 apiece reg. $7 each.
4 Arches full sheets HP watercolor paper at $2.50 apiece reg. $11 each.
12 assorted Canson and Crescent illustration boards at $2 apiece reg. $6-8 each.
2 Koh-I-Noor 2-packs of white conte bars at $2 apiece reg $4.50 each.

More to follow...
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2017, 04:54 PM
western New York

Hails from United States

At a recent moving and estate sale...

Large Rubbermaid bin full of:
67 assorted pks/Ziploc bags full of ACEO/ATC (2.5 x 3.5) illustration boards, black archival boards, envelopes, frame cards, archival sleeves, claybords, gessobords, pastelbords, watercolor cards, sanded papers, drawing papers, primed and unprimed canvas panels, primed and unprimed hardboard and wooden panels, vellum papers and ; almost all are 2.5 x 3.5 and from Strathmore, Crescent, Ampersand, Stonehenge, Fabriano, Artist Loft, Arches and a good number are obviously hand-cut from larger sheets/panels. Most everything was all neatly packaged and labeled, a few not-so-much.

I saw nothing else art-related. I got this for $40 and there's at 500pcs. in there, so I'm happy.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2017, 03:20 AM

Hails from Australia

Sinfully addicted and inspired by Rebecca's lead (artdragon86) to order from Jackson's in the UK my first ever order has arrived today!!!

Ripped open the box and.......Oooooooooh......art goodies !!!!

Sennelier sample palette of watercolours,
W&N tubes, Gold Ochre, Perylene Green
Old Holland tubes, Golden Barok Red, Manganese Blue
DS tube, Quin Gold
Jackson's Icon label brush Size 12
Jackson's Synthetic Travel Brush Size 9
Khadi Watercolour pad 20x20cm
+ various samples of watercolour paper
+ Akua Printing inks
+ Georgian Printing medium

also left outside my door earlier today was my order for the metal paint palettes and empty pans I ordered from China!

Oh, my weekend is going to be SO exciting!!!! Thank you Rebecca!
Attached Images

'Don't worry about your originality. You couldn't get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick with you and show up for better or for worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do.' - Robert Henri
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:31 AM
Veteran Member
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic.Art
Sinfully addicted and inspired by Rebecca's lead (artdragon86) to order from Jackson's in the UK my first ever order has arrived today!!!

Nice to hear I've been a positive influence

Golden Barok Red is a beautiful colour. I have a tube of it as well. When you use the Old Holland paints, you'll probably need to use more water than you might expect as they are very densely concentrated.

I am putting together another Jackson's order. A few Schmincke watercolour half pans, two PanPastels and some Sofft tools, some brushes and maybe some more Caran d'Ache pencils.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:56 AM
Veteran Member

Nice order ic.Art
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2017, 03:41 AM

Hails from Australia

It's very much an art-y weekend for me, I am childishly pleased with my latest buy!

Have just come home from picking up 2 x 25 sheet packets of Arches Cover 100% rag, 250gsm, 22.30in paper. I bought for $40 on eBay form a lovely American woman on her way home next week. I have never seen this paper available in Sydney art shops!

It's a beautiful soft cream colour and doesn't have any sizing, it's used for printmaking, pencils, pastels, acrylics.

I have just bought myself some Akua watersoluble oil printmaking inks to try out so it will be good to see how paper and ink respond to each other.

I have a few Sennelier oil pastels + oil sticks to try out with it and some Van Gogh and Art Spectrum dry pastels too (not fancy, prefer oil pastels). Years ago I bought myself 2 bottles of Sennelier Artists Ink in Walnut + Sepia to use but I never got around to them. Their colour will be a beautiful complement to the cream paper.

Am thinking my new paper will provide hours of experimentation this week!
'Don't worry about your originality. You couldn't get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick with you and show up for better or for worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do.' - Robert Henri

Last edited by ic.Art : 04-22-2017 at 03:58 AM.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic.Art
It's very much an art-y weekend for me, I am childishly pleased with my latest buy!

Have just come home from picking up 2 x 25 sheet packets of Arches Cover 100% rag, 250gsm, 22.30in paper. I bought for $40 on eBay form a lovely American woman on her way home next week. I have never seen this paper available in Sydney art shops!

It's a beautiful soft cream colour and doesn't have any sizing, it's used for printmaking, pencils, pastels, acrylics.

I have just bought myself some Akua watersoluble oil printmaking inks to try out so it will be good to see how paper and ink respond to each other.

I have a few Sennelier oil pastels + oil sticks to try out with it and some Van Gogh and Art Spectrum dry pastels too (not fancy, prefer oil pastels). Years ago I bought myself 2 bottles of Sennelier Artists Ink in Walnut + Sepia to use but I never got around to them. Their colour will be a beautiful complement to the cream paper.

Am thinking my new paper will provide hours of experimentation this week!

Sounds like you got a great deal on that paper! I like the Arches watercolour pads but I have never seen the paper you got either. The Art Spectrum soft pastels are lovely, I think they might be my favourite soft pastels. I haven't tried the Van Gogh ones. Oil sticks are also a lot of fun but very messy (so worth it though). I got some a while ago and my Nan and I played with them, and while I loved them, she preferred traditional paints (she has arthritis now and finds it easier to control a brush than a big oil stick). What I like about the oil sticks is that they seem to dry faster than traditional oil paints.

I went to the city yesterday for a gaming meetup (we played handheld games in a gaming bar all day) and on the way there, I dropped into the art supply shop when I saw they were having a sale. I only bought two brushes though; everything else I wanted they either didn't have or it was three times as expensive as if I bought it online. I'm still deciding on my next order to Jackson's. At this stage it's for a handful of Caran d'Ache pencils, some PanPastels and tools and some Schmincke watercolours, plus a few random paper samples I found in the special offers section (I don't really need more paper but it's fun to try new surfaces anyway).
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

I just bought this daVinci travel brush in size 6. Now I look forward to some warm spring weather.