Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just trying to make something out of an unsatisfactory image.

Original, SOOTC…

#1…

#2…

Rich

Good ones Dave!

Is it open for a play?

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Anonymous

Good ones Dave!

Is it open for a play?

Sure – go for it!

Dave,
                I like the intensity you added to the original as well as refining the outline of the leaves and petals. The water color treatment works with this original well in creating a more interesting composition. I prefer #1 because of the increased number of color layer and how they transition from one shade of color to the next. The second looks like you painted it with water colors also but you used a lot of water so the details are washed out.

Also, your manip accentuated the lighting and amped up the contrast which really grabs the eye of the viewer. :clap:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rich

Here is a play. Selected the BG. Did a color change and gradient with blue. Then a render clouds. Inverse selection and adjusted levels on the main subject.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                    Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify

Irishwhistler

Dave,
                        I really like the texture of the background in #2.

Rich,
                        Very nice work on the BG manipulation in your rendering.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Anonymous

Thanks Lorell. I agree that #1 is the better of the two, all things considered.

Rich, as Mike noted, that’s an impressive display of careful selection. And it made a really nice image.

Mike, I agree – the texture of the background in #2 turned out quite nice.

I used Affinity to create the following.

[*]I duplicated the original in Topaz first and then created an additional layer that was a black outline of the leaves.

[*]Then I brought both the original and the Topaz outlined versions into Affinity.

[*]I distorted the outline black and white version stretching it out a bit and set it as the background layer.

[*] After pushing the colors and changing the tones in the original I layered it over the Background.

[*] A change in opacity of the top layer (colored layer) revealed the black and white outlined layer a bit.

And here is the result.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rich

Quite a process! Awesome! Love it! You even left the moon in the sky!

Anonymous

Quite a process! Awesome! Love it! You even left the moon in the sky!

Lorell, I agree. A somewhat detailed process that – knowing you – was probably either carefully planned or based on your experience (or both). Clever of you to turn the flare in my original photo into the moon.

Anyway, it resulted in a different and very striking image.

Thank you Rich and Dave. Some of it was experimental and others was intentional. But I had planned from the get go to use more than one layer.
                                    LORELL

Dreamin

Interesting save, Dave. Look like paintings!! Nice save!

Rich, love the added sky….

Lorell, fantasy play!! I like it!

Natalie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.