Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #571: Jan 4 – 12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Eye

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.

————————————————-
        Scavenger Hunt #571:– List
        ————————————————-
        fabric
        metal
        animal or animal related
        book or book related
        can
        drink
        kitchen utensil
        teapot/coffee brewer
        tableware — Challenge#1 draw tableware with a still-life set up
        food
        snack/sweet/treat
        a place outside your home
        front entrance
        structure with multiple pillars
        things/places with multiple circles/wheels
        thing from the past
        draw what represent your generation
        got to have this for your good time…
        got to have this for your down time…
        make you excited
        you are grateful for this
        nature by your side or near by
        always on your mind
        something you are good at
        something you are trying to learn/do better
        your new year resolution

Challenge#2 — Your self-portrait

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

m50paul

Ai, nice list lots of things to think about.

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Eye

Well this is kind of a time consuming sketch … or may be is it a painting ??? … Anyway I enjoy getting back at more painting size giant sketch…This took me about 1.5 hour in a 9×22 inch in IKEA kido art roll paper…

#1 my new year resolution — getting back to painting
                #2 fabric — the victorian handheld fan
                #3 metal — a small spoon on right
                #4 book … Tone’s book
                #5 can — a tea tin can on rightmost
                #6 teapot
                #7 tableware — yellow set of bowls … with challenge#1 draw tableware with a still-life set up
                # 8 food — a tomato
                #9 got to have this for my good time …teacups
                #10 make you excited — growing vegetables or buying great fresh vegetables … depicted by two bell peppers
                #11 you are grateful for this …stopping at flower market … got these orchids (yellow and purple on left)

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Thanks for the list, Ai. I’ll be back. Your mega sketch is super great. Love the intense colors.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Ai – thanks for the new list. Wow that is one fantastic sketch of so many items!! Wowee!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Thanks Jo & EP. I am heading out for a sketch trip with some of my friends tomorrow….Hope to have some sketches back.

Ai

jmfletch

Ai – Thanks for list and kicking it of with mega-painting!

Waves to all the hunters and lurkers.:wave::wave:

Keep sketching
                            Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

I didn’t sketch but thought you watercolor folks would find my friend, Rae Andrews, fascinating. She is in the Austin Pastel Society and from Australia originally. She is fluent in watercolor, pastel and many other media. Fun to listen to and a great teacher .. would be a blast to go to Europe with her. She recently started a youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rae+andrews

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

m50paul

1) Something that represents my generation —– Elvis’s music represents my generation so here is pencil sketch of one of his albums…. my photo of the sketch is a bit crooked :(

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

m50paul

Ai,

That was quick…. great sketches I like all the colors and particularly the tea pot. Well done

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

jmfletch

Paul – The King definitely made the music of our generation and a few after as well.:cool:

Hope to get some sketching done today.

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

I did a quick sketch of a can. Graphite 2mm clutch pencil with 2B lead in 8.5×5.5 inch sketchbook.

1 can Its a little wonky but it is early.

Keep sketching
                                            Joe

m50paul

Joe thanks, like the can very well done….

4 more for me watercolor
                                                2) Tableware — wine glass
                                                3) Drink — Bottle of wine
                                                4) Smack — grapes
                                                5) Metal — cork screw

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

m50paul

last of the wine and will have glass with dinner. Ate the grapes before I was done, part of my breakfast….. Stopped off at the Baltimore on the way home from Florida this past year and opened up the wine for the Holidays. Have to say their wine was quite good.

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

jmfletch

Paul- Nice composition. I really like how you did the soft background..and the highlights on bottle and glass.

Hmmm Pinot Noir is not my favorite wine but it is in third. It is edged out by Cabernet and Merlot.

Keep sketching
                                                        Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.