Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Andrew Loomis books – free download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

The incredible pencil artist Andrew Loomis wrote a number of instructional books decades ago. All are now out of print. “Figure Drawing for all it’s Worth” is a true classic.

You can download the books in .pdf format here

You can download each one separately, or as a single file. The files are large, so it’s best to use a DSL , cable, or T1 link to the web. Dial-up will be slow.

The books available at the above link are:

Creative Illustration

Figure Drawing for all it’s Worth

Fun with a Pencil

Drawing the Head and Hands

Successful Drawing

The Eye of the Painter

Dave

Sumariel

Thanks, Dave, I downloaded all 6, since I do not have them in my library!

And by way of an apology for needing to warn folks about youtube, this is a clean site, not so much as an extra ad from this venture, excellent find!!!!!
        Suzi

My goal is to learn everything I can as fast as I can and have fun while I'm doing it!!! (C&C always, therefore, welcome!!) Suzi
        My Avatar~Al Jones '06 Holiday Portrait Swap

*Deirdre*

Dave – What an incredible Christmas present to all WC artists still needing to learn…Andrew Loomis’ Book are still Highly Rated by most artists…even though they were last published in the early 60’s.

I owned 3, bought by my father for my 9th birthday…but one was ‘borrowed’ never got it back! I still have Fun with a Pencil, and Figure Drawing for All its Worth.

I would say all are well worth getting – So thanks Dave!:clap: :clap: :clap:

[FONT="Tahoma"]Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!) Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
            [/COLOR] [

kswistak

I’ve seen only Drawing the Head and Hands and Fun with a Pencil before. I’m downloading the rest!

C&C welcome

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/swistak.art
                My website: www.krzysztofswistak.pl

Mary Woodul

Thank you Dave, for sharing this with us!

diash

I have tried but with no joy. Any other ways of connecting to the site??:crying:

regards
                        Di
                        :wave: :wave: (C & C ALWAYS welcome)

*Deirdre*

I have tried but with no joy. Any other ways of connecting to the site??:crying:

I’ve tried again…I think the site has been bombarded…probably with WCers!
                            Have to wait until there are less people trying to access it!:(

[FONT="Tahoma"]Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!) Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
                            [/COLOR] [

LiftNw8

I got turned onto these books by my History of American Illustration instructor when we came to talking about Andrew Loomis, he provided some links to his stuff, I have the link to another site where the stuff is available but its individual pages. I have been trying to find a place that I can download all the books in one spot and have yet to do so until now. Thanks for sharing Dave!!

Sumariel

diash, you have chosen not to receive emails, so, in order to send you the .pdf”s as attachments, you will have to email me, or one of the guides, they can then be emailed to you and you can download them that way!

OOPS! I have a 20mg limit on the size of attachments I can send, and only two of the books are below the limit, Fun With a Pencil, and Drawing the Head and Hands, but would be glad to send those to whomever.

Suzi

And Dave, like Dee said, what a wonderful Christmas gift to all of us at WC! Thanks again!!

My goal is to learn everything I can as fast as I can and have fun while I'm doing it!!! (C&C always, therefore, welcome!!) Suzi

*Deirdre*

Suzi – thanks for the offer to Diash….Luckily, she’s my sister:evil: So I KNOW what shes getting for Christmas now!:evil: :evil: :evil: :p :p :p You know I don’t mean it Di!:heart: :heart: :heart:

[/COLOR] [

Sumariel

OK, Dee, as long as she can get them, I won’t worry, they are truly a marvelous find!
                                            Suzi

*Deirdre*

The site was again accessible…but this time the Figure drawing one was unavailable There is a version called Figures in Action…because I was able to buy a copy last year to replace my disintegrated copy. Publisher Walter Foster ISBN 1-56010-009-5

[/COLOR] [

frieda L

Dave, thank you for this … a Xmas present it is!
                                                    I have no library here to get all these wonderful books, so suddenly having six wonderful art books to read is just amazing!!!
                                                    frieda

*Deirdre*

Did anyone manage to download the Figure one?:confused:

[/COLOR] [

frieda L

Dee, I downloaded the figure one, no problem.
                                                            frieda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
                                                          • The topic ‘Andrew Loomis books – free download’ is closed to new replies.