Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Studio Antietam (Soldiers) next steps?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tmwilliams

I’m painting this simply to get better at painting people. My interest is mostly in creating natural poses…for the most part, I think I succeeded.

I’m also not looking to “illustrate” the scene, but to paint it, if that makes sense.

I’ll probably add some brighter blue to the uniforms and work on giving detail and character to the grass up front…I”ll also look to add some more reds to carry forward the flag’s colors – will probably put that into the grass. But am wondering what others might see as needed. What would you do if this were your painting?

5″x7″ on Arches 140lb using DS paints.

Thomas

tmwilliams

Made some adjustments. I’m disappointed. It started out with so much promise. I think I over worked it.

Thomas

A good grouping, it could form the composition for a larger painting.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

tmwilliams

A good grouping, it could form the composition for a larger painting.

Doug

Agree. I’m working my way toward that…I need to screw on some courage.

Thomas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.