Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Friday 20th April 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Good morning all. Somewhat overcast this morning and forecast to be quite a bit cooler.

Replenishing provisions this morning, baking and washing bedding from Peter’s visit.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Chill mist here,forecast hot again…
        AGM to attend this morning followed by posh lunch.

After 17 nights cramp free they returned with a vengeance!

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

shadye1

I get awful cramps in my feet and legs at night, on occasion, my doctor says shortage of sodium (salt) and/or vitamin B2.
            Mustard has high sodium (as well as a fat breaking enzyme) so a bacon sandwich with mustard and a glass of water with a few grains of sea salt
            last thing seems to be the way to go. B2 is ryboflavin, niacin is also good.
            There are vegan alternatives.

rossmarie

Morning Doug Geoff and all to follow.

Oh what a nectarine of a day yesterday! After visit to bathroom display and builders merchant, went down to the Wye at Symonds Yat (East) for a beer/snack and sat in glorious sunshine watching the pleasureboats canoeists and White Swans on the river.

Today at 8.30 am we have thick fog but sunshine and warmth to come later in the morning I think.

Enjoy the posh lunch Geoff. What is it the AGM of? Usually these are fairly boring affairs unless kept short in my experience.

Good news on your scan Darla. Sure all will turn out well for you.

A bacon sandwich and mustard with or without the cramps sounds good Shadye1. Sorry you are suffering.

Mike :wave:

doppler

Good evening all.

Not a usual Friday. Delivery of wood for the new pergola and some last minute trimming of the wisteria stump, then chipping it. While we were there I cut down some young loquat trees. It hurt my feelings but we don’t need a forest of them. Then came the delivery of the cement and gravel stuff the builder needs. Lucky I planned not to go out, because the gravel stuff was dumped behind my car. :rolleyes: Not going anywhere, Roger ….. unless of course you let me drive your ute :evil:

Ps I did drive the ute, and Roger was really worried because of ambulance sirens over the mountain. Nothing to do with me.

Afternoon was raining and thundery, from the east which is unusual. Loki ran in. Eli ran out flatly and frightened. In a break from the weather I found her under Rogers car, terrified. I lay down and coaxed her out, grabbed her, hugged her, she still wanted to get away in case someone saw, got to my feet rather ungraciously and brought her in. She is still not settled. She hates thunder.

Mower is back but I think it will be next week before the waving fields of barley can be attacked. I could use the whipper snipper I suppose but I really want the clippings to mulch the gardens. Ponders ..

:wave:

PS Rod, vegan bacon? :angel:

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

doppler

Did I say boo ? :clear:

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

doppler

Must have.

Annie
                            Steven Wright
                            My Flickr Site

Lulu

It’s the bo o Annie lol

The Brits must all be in front of their fans cooling off….

Your comment brought back memories of Gary and his sister Alfalfa. When she was frightened in a storm she used to cuddle in to him so tightly :heart:
                                Which reminds me….read the other day that when Prince William was little he called the Queen Gary – he couldn’t say Granny!:lol:

Geoff, remember that Elon Musk says you can walk out of a meeting if you get bored…and John says that there should never be chairs to sit in at a meeting, they would be over in no time! And John is a cooler dude than Elon Musk…he musk be, he cooked a lovely meal tonight and is now cleaning up in the kitchen.:thumbsup:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Bill

Good day all,

Just below freezing but will warm with sun.

Doug, you probably’l welcome the relief of cooler weather.

Annie, you now have one of my favorite songs running through my mind. Fields of Gold. A lovely, romantic song that will cause watering eyes.

((Geoff)) Maybe it was something you ate.

Rod, mustard is also used as a pain killer by American pro football players. I’d love a ham sandwich right now.

Mike, lovely scene you described. Your next watercolor?

I’ll be attending the opening of the Spring exhibition at the art gallery tonight. Wine and cheese. I joined the association.. Here is their website. The two pen and ink drawings at the right are those of yours truly. I’m looking forward to the camaraderie. They have over two hundred works of art on display. There will be an award, but not here as there are so many fine pieces.
                                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Lulu

Yay Bill! Yours are the best.
                                        Glad you joined.
                                        Beautiful song.

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Bill

Thanks, Lulu. I’m going to really like the fellowship.
                                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

I get awful cramps in my feet and legs at night, on occasion, my doctor says shortage of sodium (salt) and/or vitamin B2.

Magnesium is great for cramp. I take a powdered variety in water, works a treat..

Darla, I am so relieved there are no tumours. ENT would be a very good thing to do, don’t leave it, or it could become worse.. :heart:

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my sketches, especially the cicada,:)

Char Jon looks fabulous in his uniform. That’s a lovely photo. Yes I am with you, no one is shooting at him xx Sorry about your mess, I remember mine when I was renovating. hugs..

Hugs Linda

I had a lovely lunch with Tania today, didn’t hang around the shopping centre after, took myself back to the Dr as I’m still fighting a bacterial infection. I have a Urologist appointment next week.

I declined girls night tonight, and am heading off to bed soon..

Have the best ever day everyone.

Hug someone

Love JJ :grouphug::heart::grouphug:

JJ
                                            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                            MY BLOG
                                            My Youtube videos

False alarm Bill, it’s 18C in the shade and too hot in the sun. Lovely sketches.

I would love to be sitting by the River Wye Mike, it sounds lovely.

Done my shopping.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Magnesium is great for me….I don’t use salt,unlike Eileen.

About 20C at present, AGM was for International Caravanning Association,which is the reason we are here this week,none of our Kiwi members but some Dutch here.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Bright sunshine, a high of 6C, we are climbing up, North Wind:rolleyes:

Spring is so late this year, I haven’t yet seen even one Canada Goose on the rooftops doing his mating calls.

I’ll be taking my old fan to the Habitat for Humanity reuse store. Since I am not playing table tennis right now I have been toying with the idea of joining the knitting ladies at the Senior Centre. I might drop in there this morning. I should also take my car for its oil change. Decisions, decisions:)

Char, great photo of Jonathan:thumbsup: Very handsome!!! Belated Happy Birthday to him!! I love the new colour on your sun room walls.

Glad you Brits are having some nice weather for a change:thumbsup:

Geoff, re your cramps, it is always interesting why, out of the blue, something like that appears or changes. Hope tonight you are back to normal.

Annie, that sounds like a big construction if cement is involved.

Bill, your drawings look fabulous on that wall!! Enjoy the festivities!!

Lulu, John is spoiling you again!!

((((((((Linda)))))))

Steve, were you missing because of your pill day???

Mike, a nectarine day indeed, hope today is another one.

Doug, Spring must have arrived if the lawn bowling is back on again.

:wave: to you JJ and Rod!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.