Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Friday 6th April 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Good morning all.

A quiet night but I still have to stay near to a toilet, I think it was prawns I ate at the weekend :rolleyes:

The bread came out well, or at least one did. For some reason the small loaf tin fell over in the oven and the mixture fell out. What a mess! The oven is clean now.

Thinking of Darla waiting for her scan results :crossfingers:

Overcast but dry.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening Doug and all who follow.

A beautiful autumn day today with lovely rain overnight.

Coffee on the verandah and Loki appeared after her breakfast and jumped onto the railing to do her morning scowl. Missed her footing and a wild scramble to get back. The only giggles she heard … we blamed Eli for them so Eli copped the wrath of the queenly photon torpedos.

Shopping as ever. Can’t run out of cat food. More wisteria removal this afternoon. It’s nearly done. The thick stump will reshoot with a vengeance but after the new pergola is built.

Darla :crossfingers: I bet all is well. :thumbsup: :crossfingers:

Char, ((())). I hope I didn’t hex you. I can remember running across a carpark in the rain to get to work without being too wet. I slipped and landed face first in a fairly deep puddle. Another great idea down the drain, as I wrung out my clothing.

Kay, you echoed my thoughts re lantana. Linda, maybe it’s not a filthy noxious spreading weed in Texas? :lol:

I should be able to finish the bananas tomorrow. :crossfingers:

BBL :wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Annie, My lantana dried up here in North Texas. It got leggy and died on the vine. Not enough humidity here!

Doug, I thought only I did stuff like that. Glad you were able to clean it up.

Bad storms due tonight and then in the 30s on Saturday. Awful Spring here, too!

Off to bed.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

RickH

Glad your feeling better Doug..Sounds like fun at Mnt. Nebo……..The resort is shrinking most of the Canadians are now gone and they make up a large percentage of our members…….We have 30 days……….give or take……Things not going well in DC land…….duh…..best to all ……………

PS: Char it is a total separate sous vide machine……..

Hi Annie, hi Nancy.

So the newfangled non-stick loaf tin has been relegated to the back of the cupboard. Here’s the successful loaf, very tasty (well the one I scraped up was):rolleyes:

Doug

shipbroker

Dry and dull here…..fingers crossed for Darla.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good Morning all,
                It is 5:45 a.m. here in dark and sleepy Oakwood. Chilly temps again for this time of year, not sure if rain and/or snow is in the offing tonight. Will watch the weather prognosticators later this morning.

Working on a flower painting with a dark background. Trying to decide if I want to put the dark in or leave the white paper show. Decisions, decisions.

Doug, Your bread loaf looks good. What a shame the other pan fell over???? Not sure how that happens in an oven. :angel:

Char, Ouch, I hope you aren’t hurting too much today. :grouphug:

Darla, :crossfingers: everything is going to be fine when the doctor reviews the scan images.

Les, :thumbsup: on your daughter’s cancer recovery. :D

:wave: to all who were here before and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Doug, Your bread loaf looks good. What a shame the other pan fell over???? Not sure how that happens in an oven.

Well, Sylvia, the super-duper loaf tin has tapered sides and rounded corners on the base, I should have put it on a tray, the wire shelf meant that it was easily tipped over.

Doug

Hiya… the flooring guy and the natural gas guy arrived at about the same time. I dealt with the flooring and Ted talked to the gas technician. Then our painter arrived.

For some number of months, I’ve been experiencing issues with my right leg. I think that I have moved it forward as I’m walking, but it’s still behind me and then I trip when it does move. Well… absolutely everyone was in the entry way of the sunroom. And there were paint cans and furniture and people and briefcases in the middle of the floor. And… I tripped. Down I went like a land whale. Hard and hurting. My knee is swollen, my ribs hurt and my arm is bruised like crazy.[…]

Ouch… :eek:
                Put ice on your knee and get an xray on your ribs to make sure that you didn’t break anything.

I would suggest to check also what is going on with your leg. Not being able to move it properly might indicates some kind of neurological damage and if you delay further to visit a doctor might make things worst.

Bill

Good day all,

It’s snowing! We may get a couple of inches but it will melt with temps rising to 40 F today.

Doug, my experience with no knead bread is it rises and spills over the top of the pan burning on the shelf. An awkward looking loaf.

I was afraid I might not be able to finish my frames in time for the show so I found a deal on Dick Blick’s for some metal frames. Afraid they would be inferior for the $10 price a frame. they arrived yesterday and they are perfect. Frame 11″x14″, glass and backing. I’ll order these again when they go on sale. The shipping was free!

I’ll be going south today to have lunch with a teacher and some aides with whom I worked at school. Then some shopping.

My thoughts are with Darla.

Char, hope you are feeling better today.

Bill

Be kinder than necessary

HarvestMoon

Doug, YUM!

Running behind feeding so bird is telling me he’s THIRSTY and dogs and cats staring at me. But really quick….planted succulents and added rocks yesterday. Pretty much done except a couple of things, borrowed irises from neighbors who had a pond, moved here, and have not finished their pond.

Pond inside is 12 x 10feet.

The back, steep shady side

I REALLY over did it yesterday! Resting today.

Harvest Moon 🐐

:wave: everyone,
                        It is sunny but looks like full winter again. It snowed during the night and the streets are covered again when they were finally clear and dry yesterday. :rolleyes:

No gym this morning. I have a dental check up and then we are going shopping for paint. Tomorrow I’m helping my son paint a mural at his in-laws new cottage so I need an assortment of house paint (the in-laws are paying for the supplies). It will be a very basic design and we are hoping to get it finished this weekend.

Today I’ll get some household chores done because I have to stick around this afternoon so my client from the finished commission can pick it up.

Char – I’m so sorry you fell like that. :grouphug: Any idea why you are having trouble with that leg? Get it checked.

Darla x I hope the bumps are just an annoyance and nothing serious. :crossfingers:

Doug – the bread looks great. Sorry the other pan tipped. I’m having trouble with my bread sticking as well so the next loaf I’m lining the pan with tin foil so it slides out easily. After that I’ll try greasing and flouring the pan like a cake.

Bill – the only things I can think of to make it run over would be either too much dough for the pan or maybe you are letting the dough rise too long the second time? When I put mine in the oven it is just even with the top of the pan. It’s never run over for me.

I better get moving. Have a great day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

HarvestMoon

Nancy don’t tell me that about lantana….I just planted 27 of them!

Harvest Moon 🐐

Bill

Linda, your pond looks like a great place to rest your mind. Lovely landscaping.

Ellen, you are probably right. I think I let it rise too long before putting it into the oven. Lately I’ve been baking by first lining the pan with parchment paper. i also use a cast iron pan.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

A good Friday to all …..rained last night, very heavy over cast with storm clouds surrounding us. thunder storms called for later today. Cold front to the north of us and warm humid air is boiling …. could be a fun day. Cooler temps called for the weekend.

Char…..you need to find out why your leg is failing you. Hope you’re not too sore from falling like that.

Darla….keeping you in our thoughts today.

Linda…..love your pond….looks great.

Rick….DC….you mean the dysfunctional circus with the head clown in charge….we’re sooooooo screwed.

Success….I actually did get my hair cut yesterday….sat down to work on the bananas some more and it’s still just not working…..back to square one, going to attack it today from a different angle…..had envisioned it very loose, and I think that was the problem. Loose and my background is not compatible. A good day to just go at it….in response to my frustrations I did my house husband duties yesterday afternoon………..today is open.

Breakfast is calling……Be good, do good…..BBL

Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.