Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical Plant Parade: our forum challenge – April

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author

HELP!

We need hosts for June, August, September and December this year.
    If you can host, please go here and add your name and we’ll update the schedule.
    Many thanks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS]Welcome to the April challenge, which this month is ………….
    Tree Blossom
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

It’ s supposed to be Spring in my part of the world but we’re still experiencing winter weather:(
    However, it’s just around the corner so let’s pretend our trees are all in blossom!

Few rules –

[*]Any medium, any size
      [*]Any crop of reference – your own reference if you wish
      [*]Any discussion but no showing your work – yet!
      [*]Reveal day is 25th April.

The references are all from the RIL.

1. Beautiful crabapple by Blackhorse

Larger

2. Apple blossom by Intrigued.

Larger

3. An unusual-coloured Cherry blossom by Chloe 1.

Larger

4. Cherry blossom en masse! by Vivien Maloney

Larger

5. dogwood by BeeCeeEss

Larger

6. White dogwood by picturatus

Larger

7. Forsythia by Renate

Larger

8. Forsythia branch by Madmum

Larger

9. Dainty Myrtle by TeAnne

Larger

10. Magnolia by artmom

Larger

If you need more, look here!. and also this member’s latest uploads of apple blossom

The additional Team challenge this month is to ………

Draw or Paint or Sculpt a Design for a drinking mug, using your favourite spring flower (not necessarily one of the tree blossoms!!)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Maureen – Ah Spring and Spring Blossom, what a wonderful thought! Beautiful! Thanks for hosting Maureen! :thumbsup:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Margaretta

Oh yes! What a delightful challenge!:) Great pictures Maureen and we certainly need them; will Spring ever come?

Through striving, to the stars.:confused:

Margaretta – yesterday we had heavy snow just north of us in Morpeth and snow also in Durham just a very few miles south of us …….. we were just cold and very wet! :( ………… so I’m pleased the sight of the blossoms is cheering!

Viv, I know Autumn is approaching for you but you can pretend!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Maureen – yes Im good at that!:lol: Ive got lots of photos of Spring blossom from last Spring, so I’ll try one of those.
        Autumn is beginning to set in, here in New Zealand – we’ve just finished “Daylight Saving” yesterday, so now back to the long dark nights. Once Daylight Saving finishes, it makes such a difference to our daylight hours here in the South.

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

It does here too Viv – exactly opposite to you, of course!
        Some wit here (home) reminded us it’s only another 9 weeks before the days get shorter again!:rolleyes: :lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Some great flowering trees! Are lilacs considered in this group? My pale white/lavender just bloomed.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Definitely Kay – I just found it difficult to stop selecting …. lilacs are certainly in order!
        Would you believe that the fella who cut my beech hedge down also cut down my lilac trees – which were about 5′ higher than the 5′ high hedge! Duh!

Cheers, Maureen

catjoe

These are beautiful…great theme…great choices. Thanks Maureen!

Kathy
            I love friends to visit my blog: My Blog: Minding My P's with Q

Glad you’ll be joining us Cathy.:) :thumbsup:

Cheers, Maureen

A great theme and a very interesting additional challenge. Thanks for hosting, Maureen.

Christel

Beautiful flowering trees, now to pick one. We’re in the same boat weather wise, we had snow last night but won’t last long. Thanks for hosting Maureen and for the additional challenge.

LIL

Glad you’ve both signed up Christel and Lil :)

Cheers, Maureen

Triduana

I may have seen some forsythia blossom this morning – it was difficult to tell through the snow though! I’ll hopefully be able to take part this month. I love tree blossom.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Mine’s not in flower yet Kay – and the daffs are still just in bud :( …… no sign of anything on the apple tree either.

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.