Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……November 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE November 2018…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

For a more complete critique post in the main forum!

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Michaelshane

Just need to sign it.Lots of twists and turns to get this done.

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
            Bob Dylan.

JaeBeam

I have a newborn in the house, making my studio time fairly restricted. So I decided to just give myself a 90 minute session when my spouse had company over to meet the bambino.

I’m not happy with the knife work on the right side hill, and the highlights on my dark clouds are not very good. I think I’ll work on those next session, and then re-try the same scene in grey scale.

BUT I’m super happy to have pulled of a short studio session!

TomMather

Here are a few of my works in progress, at various stages of completion. The first one, an 8×10 view of a woodland stream in the fall, is after the initial layer of paint. The second 12×16 painting of the mountain stream in late afternoon, is probably three-fourths done, with final details and the streambed in foreground still needing work. The third painting is a 15×30 view from Pictured Rocks National Park on Lake Superior, and is perhaps three-fourths done, mainly the water. The final scene, an 8×16 view from Acadia National Park, is completed except for perhaps a few tweaks.

TWAdair Art

Hello, Im new to WC. I like this whats on your easel forum. How fun!
                        This is what Ive been working on.

mtpalms

Nice work, everyone!

Welcome to WC Tylor, I am looking forward to seeing more!

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                            "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                            But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

TWAdair Art

Thank you mtpalms – I intend on being on here quite a bit. I only wish they had a phone app for this forum!

mtpalms

The 2 on the bottom are finished, the 2 on the top have a little left to be done. These are 8×8 and 8x10s for a show in December.

Michaelshane

The 2 on the bottom are finished, the 2 on the top have a little left to be done. These are 8×8 and 8x10s for a show in December.

We need a like button.Those are really beautiful.

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                        Bob Dylan.

mtpalms

:) I agree Michael. I often wish I could ‘like’ yours too.

AnnieA

Michael, lovely color and sense of atmosphere in that framed landscape.

JaeBeam, wow…getting painting done with a newborn is a sign of true dedication! Great start!

Tom, they’re all very nice. I especially like the loose start on that first one, and the lighting in the second.

Tylor, welcome again! Hope to see you around and nice painting – very exuberant, which seems just right for a present.

Marcia, all of those are well done. It’s clear the first two are off to a terrific start, and I love the bird. The one with the Madonna has a slightly otherworldly look about it, which seems appropriate.

Here’s one that I’ve been working on – and struggling with for a while now.

Tree Dance, 8×8

Once again, not the best image (a little too saturated, way too fuzzy), but getting closer, and that’s all I have time for right now. Maybe I should try crowdsourcing for an SLR. :lol: BTW, this is on a gallery wrap canvas, and I’ve painted the image around the sides too, which is kinda fun.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                                [FONT=Palatino]
                                                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

AnnieA

Oh dear. The photo looked a little off when I submitted it using a different browser (Safari will not allow me to select images), but this is way more off than it looked in the other browser. Very sorry.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                                    [FONT=Palatino]
                                                    “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

TomMather

I finished my painting of the wooded stream in autumn, and started two more fall paintings. I’m getting into the fall colors now that the leaves have finally started turning here.

My photos of the paintings are terrible. I can’t seem to photograph paintings without getting a lot of reflection on the canvases.

TomMather

[QUOTE=mtpalms]The 2 on the bottom are finished, the 2 on the top have a little left to be done. These are 8×8 and 8x10s for a show in December.

We need a like button.Those are really beautiful.

Love the SW scenes. Unfortunately the show would be a bit of a trip from NC, although I’ve been to Joshua Tree once. The Southwest scenery is very inspiring for me. One of my favorite exhibits ever was scenes from Death Valley at a gallery in Palm Springs, probably seen on the same trip when we went to Joshua Tree.

KEVIN$

I just started painting several years go. Starting with the Bob Ross method then growing beyond that. I usually do landscapes and have dabbled in seascapes and have attempted a couple figures.. Up until about 6 weeks ago I couldn’t draw a stick figure but this is my 5th attempt at painting a figure.. I need it to dry before continuing..

Kevin Slaby
                                                                2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
                                                                http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.