Home Forums The Learning Center Composition and Design Compositions in Semi abstract & Abstract Art

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    dayakar

What is semi abstract and abstract art? It is nothing but playing with the basic Two dimensional shapes of the objects or imaginative things. This play is mainly with Color, Balance, Patterns, Rhythm and Dynamic equilibrium, variation and many more elements and principles of Composition & Design.
        I have planned to give examples of these applications in this thread continuously. I hope this will be helpful to the upcoming artist who are anxious to know many facets of Composition and Design…

Here is an example….Whatever you wanted to know , please ask me.

dayakar

And after thought I am adding….
            I am doing these works through very simple approaches to make anyone understand them easily. Curiosity will lead to questions. Questions will help us to be knowledgeable. This is the way I have learned knowledge. So I am open to your questions….

dayakar

The first one express stillness of night, but the red patches create tension. We feel,some danger lies in that stillness.Nobody likes to stay in that atmosphere.

In the second picture, I have created some raw energy and romanticism. Anybody would love to stay there. I have done paint applications in two dimensional approach to restrict the viewer to see the detail. Because of this approach the viewer feels the totality of the picture. Then only he feels the energy and romanticism.

Both paintings are done in semi abstract approach.

dayakar

After thought, I realised a little bit orange patch (which I marked with a line in above picture) is required to achieve proper relation between water area and the location of sun. This little bit of orange acts as an unifying factor between ground and sky.
                    To be a good artist, everybody has to watch out for these kind of inclusions.

dayakar

In this painting I played with color and other tools of Design. I used simultaneous contrast mostly.This painting makes us feel the combination of Realism, Semi abstract and abstract approaches. I am beginning to feel this may be the right creative approach to the artist.

dayakar

After observing the above post, I understood the image is not fitting in the window properly. So I am posting another image, which will be proper size to fit in the window.

baughsten

dayakar,
                                You posts are very interesting. I have generally drawn/painted in a realism fashion (also I am very new to painting), but am interested in semi abstract/abstract painting. I had not thought of these as being primarily a function of composition and design, but your post have opened up a new world of thought for me. Thanking for sharing your ideas and your work.

dan

baughsten

dayakar,
                                    Here is another thought as it relates to art and work and love. I have heard it said that “do what you love and the money will follow”. It is the ACT of DOING what we love that is important. If we love what we DO, if we love the ACT of being an artist and if we practice, we will reap rewards.
                                    dan

dayakar

Thanks for your opinion…dan. Sharing knowledge is always a pleasure to me.

dayakar

I won’t paint things. I play with colors and composition like how children play their games without bothering about other’s likes and dislikes. when I play with colors and composition, they may look like things you know.

I call this approach ‘ Art of abstract reality.’ So mine is ‘Art of abstract reality.’

dayakar

This is an another example of my abstract realism. I played with colors, concerned with composition. When I am in painting process, I won’t bother about any rules consciously. Once basic structure evolves, I will use all the rules to do corrections. Corrections mean exclusions and inclusions. Already I told you all painting process is about exclusions and inclusions. To create dynamic energy and a little bit conflict in this painting I used split
                                                complimentories along with harmonious color combinations.

Know this. All painting is Design & Composition. Without understanding Design & Composition you will never become an artist.

dayakar

This is one of my another painting in Abstract Realism.I have avoided details almost. But I stick to color and composition.This painting is done in Acrylics on Canvas. Size of the painting 48 x 36 inches.

parmaker

I love this style of painting!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you chose acrylic instead of oil as your medium?

Can you get the same effect in a smaller size canvas (11X14 etc.)?

Any chance of you doing an on-line demo?

Thanks for sharing!!

Tony

dayakar

hello Tony,
                                                            Thanks for your appreciation.
                                                            Acrylic is a quick drying medium. It helps to apply layers of paint with out loosing saturation levels of color.
                                                            Small sizes are not convenient for wide and long sweeping strokes. Of course we may manage small sizes also. But…
                                                            At present I am not thinking about online demos.

dayakar

This is another example of Color and Composition. In this picture I did not bother much about planning a subject.I made Color and Composition as my subject. I worked with simultaneous contrast by using split compliments.
                                                                I have been trying to see the world through Color and Composition. My Abstract realism approach is working well for this purpose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                                              • The topic ‘Compositions in Semi abstract & Abstract Art’ is closed to new replies.