In order to get this image I first painted the background in acrylics, then photographed the model of the Klingon Bird of Prey in several different positions until I found one I liked the best. Once that was done, I made a print copy of the warship and cut it out with a pair of scissors and glued it onto the acrylic painting. I then photographed THAT and uploaded it into the computer where I polished it off in Photoshop with a color push, contrast increase, and some lens flares. Sort of a mixed media-proper paste up. The way we did it in the old days.
This was done last week, just a fun thing to do on a Saturday afternoon.