Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia JUNE Watermedia Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our June Watermedia challenge!

I’m your Host for this month of June.
    I hope you find something to inspire you to join in this month’s challenge! You can upload your artwork at any time (there’s no reveal date).
    And you can use any watermedia to paint/draw your entry, and you can even do more than one if you’re so inclined – the more the merrier!

All images are my own and I’m happy for you to use them for this month’s Challenge.

When posting, please mention size and medium and any other relevant information – curious minds want to know

The most important thing to remember is: HAVE FUN!

Autumn apples from our Apple Tree

Cape Reinga Lighthouse – this lighthouse is on the extreme top of New Zealand where the 2 oceans – the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet.
    Here’s a link which you may be interested in:
    https://www.aa.co.nz/travel/must-dos/cape-reinga-where-two-oceans-meet/

A breaking wave at the bottom of New Zealand at Riverton.

For those members who like to have fun with shadows on white – Japanese Anemones (Windlfowers)

Another flower a Lily

Golden Autumn trees in Arrowtown

More flowers, this time Fuchsias. I liked the soft flowers against the round, hard stones in this photo.

An old abandoned water-tank in the country at Orepuki

We have a very large, (many acres) beautiful park in the middle of the city – Queen’s Park, and this is the Gates which open to the park.

2 ornamental fountains in Queens Park

A rose which I’ve trained to climb through the tree

And you just knew I couldn’t resist posting a photo of my dog Pippa, didn’t you! So this is Pippa asleep on a chair – but still keeping an eye on me!

My grandaughter and her kitten – a very old photo of her.

Hope you enjoy my selection of photos, and I’m looking forward to seeing your paintings of them! :)

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

CaliAnn

Beautiful images Viv – thanks for hosting!

ColdPress

Viv, great photos! Thanks for hosting.

Happy painting! ... CP

CaliAnn and ColdPress thank you and I’m glad you like my pics. I’ve added a link about Cape Reinga and the Lighthouse that members may be interested in.

ArtySinger

Lovely photos & plenty to get stuck into this month. Thank you for hosting Viv.

Sandie
                https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/sandiecroftart.html

calvin_0

those golden tree… I never imagine such tree existed..

mgthorvaldsen

Great pictures, Vivien, thanks for the use of your photos. Thanks for hosting as well! Have a great weekend! ;-) r/Marianne

Marianne
                        "The best ships are friendships and may they always be.." anon.

[PHP][/PHP]

laika

Pippa returns!

An excellent collection of inspiration for June, Vivien!

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                            - Otto Rank

All these are so good and so tempting, Viv. Thanks for hosting!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Gorgeous photos!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                            Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

ArtySinger

Breaking Wave 15.5x17cm watercolour

Sandie

CaliAnn

Love the movement of the water Sandie – beautiful!

Sandie – beautiful paintng! I love the colors in the waves and the splash of the large wave hitting the rock!

ArtySinger

Thank you Cali & Viv. I love scenes like this ,they are right up my street.

Sandie

Beautiful water scene, Sandie, light and airy just like an ocean breeze.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.