Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Introduction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I posted an introduction in the Welcome Forum but I thought I’d do it here too since this is where I’ll be spending most of my time. I am looking forward to interacting with all of you and learning as much as I can in the process.
    I have been making metal sculptures for a few years now (like my Dad use to by the way) and I still have a lot to learn and improve on but I am loving the journey.
    Here are a few of my sculptures. Hope you like them.
    Thanks for looking.

Patrice

selectedgrub

Beautiful

ArtsyLynda

Those are fun! Welcome! How did you build the cloth parts of the umbrella? Are the bright parts of your pieces gold or silver plated, or patina in the case of the silver, buffed bronze in the case of the gold?

Thanks Selectgrub.

Lynda, the “cloth” part is hammered copper. No precious metals on this one so all finishes are polished or brushed either stainless steel, copper, bronze and brass. I’ll maybe look into plating someday and gold leaf is also very interesting.
            Too many techniques and too little time…and money. ;)
            Thank you, I am glad you like them.

ArtsyLynda

Thanks for the explanation!

Absolutely love the puppy under the umbrella. I can almost feel the rain around him as he is hunkered down waiting for his owner. Love the leaf that has fallen in front of him too. Did you sculpt in clay and make a mold of him and then cast in metal? Or how did you form the shapes? Lots of welding together of metal and then grinding to smooth and polish?

All of your work is great!:wave:

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
                [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

Thanks Tamara. :thumbsup:

The only parts that were cast on the website are the silver pearl and the silver chick. Wax work and delft clay. The rest is all hand shaped using anything from a belt grinder to files and sandpaper, rotary tool, edm stones, etc… Some parts are held together with hidden (or not) screws or soldered or welded as you said.

Lot of work and I would love to be able to cast some of them in bronze or have them cast in stainless steel but for now I have a bunch of limitations, mostly space, money and of course time to learn all the intricacies of the casting process. I still have enameling and about half a dozen other techniques on my “to learn” list. :(

PS: I also went to your website and you do amazing work, very inspiring.

Random_Sample

Welcome.
                    Great finishes on the metal.
                    What is the size of the work you posted?

Innovative Art and Sound
                    https://www.jaysonrandall.com

equinespirit

These are lovely , Patrice, thanks for sharing.

Sorry I was sure I had responded to this. The hummingbird itself is about 6.5″ by 5.5″ and the whole sculpture is about 9″ tall. Thanks

Thanks equinespirit for the good words.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.