Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions How to make the horizontal strips of images that go with signatures?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi :-)

Just returned to Wetcanvas after a break of nine years.

When I was last here, I had been ill for a long time and hadn’t done much art to speak of for ages, but now I’m well again, I finally have some artworks to show, and prove that I’m not just here for the excellent coffee and conversations at the Café :lol:

I will be posting artworks for critique to the photographic, digital art, drawing, watercolour and other places in due course, but in the meantime, although I have no problems with inserting images into ordinary posts, I just can’t figure out how to make those lovely horizontal strips of artworks to add to my signature.

I’d be most grateful for any guidance you might be able to provide, and I will follow all instructions within the hour :angel:

Cheers,

Sephie

Until we meet again, in Cyberspace or The Islands, in Fair or Stormy Weather :grouphug:

You have to assemble them in a graphics program. I use Paintshop Pro to resize the pictures to 60 pixels high then assemble them on a blank banner image 60 pixels high by 468 pixels wide before saving as a signature picture. The picture is then inserted at the appropriate point in your signature by uploading it.
    Details can be found in the wetcanvas rules link in my signature.

iii. If you wish to include graphics in your signature line, the graphic images must comply with these restrictions: (a) the graphics must be your own, original artwork; (b) the graphics must not contain nudity; (c) the graphics must fit within a 468 × 60 pixel banner with no additional text; (d) the graphics must not contain any business or company logos or other images, except that members of the Partnership Program may display a 468 × 60 pixel company banner.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Thanks, Yorkie, for the prompt and informative reply, and glad to see yet another familiar face still on Wetcanvas after nine years away :)

The only graphics program I have is Adobe Photoshop CC, which I’m still trying to remember how to use after being too ill to do anything much for the past two and a half years.

I love using it for making digital art, but don’t have any idea how to do anything other than layers and how to use the thingies in the left hand vertical panel….when I can see them, of course, my old eyes not being able to see the tiny little symbols very well at all!

Could you let me know how to make what I need using PS, or suggest which search terms I could use to find some online instruction? I did try to find out online yesterday, but found nothing…

Cheers,

Sephie

Until we meet again, in Cyberspace or The Islands, in Fair or Stormy Weather :grouphug:

Sorry to hear you have been ill.

Start by creating a blank banner image 468×60 the create your mini pictures 60 pixels high to fit within it and copy and paste them over the blank banner. If they don’t completely fit the banner, take off the excess then save the new banner for uploading into your signature (My WC top left the edit signature).

I have several banners according to my mood:

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

Being bipolar II, which is incurable, I have learned to endure what cannot be changed, even though my ‘hibernations’ are a true taste of pitiless and unremitting Hell on earth, as all those who suffer from deep, clinical, endogenous depression know, whether bipolar or not.

However, I do not complain, and would not seek a cure if there was one, as I know that I will eventually be rewarded with a period of unparalleled contentment, productivity and creativity accompanied by a quite magical enhancement of all my senses, which obviously helps when it comes to doing any kind of creative work, and makes academic achievement almost laughably easy! :)

It’s the joy and gift of being bipolar II, which, by definition, means that I don’t ever suffer from mania, thank goodness. My heart goes out to bipolar I sufferers who have that to deal with too, and nine years ago, on Wet Canvas, I learned just how many artists have to deal with both forms of this blessing and curse, all in one unasked-for inheritance.

Still, I’m not here to talk about that, of course…

I will do as you say and have fun creating my banners later on today.

I also thank you for your tip about creating several banners to reflect your mood – a very creative idea in itself, and one which I will gladly copy, as my artworks do tend to either be very dark and sinister in mood, or rather Snow Whiteish as I do love the natural world, and like to show how much it means to me when I paint or draw :)

Although we never really met nine years ago, because I hadn’t done any worthwhile art since January 2000, due to being wrongly medicated, I now smile whenever I see where you live, and such a lovely place too!

This is because I do love to banter and have a go at ‘Les Anglaises’ because it is a national passtime, and for very good historical reasons, amongst us Sarnians.

But my father and the current love of my life both co-incidentally hail from Warrington, just a few streets away from each other, as it happens, and I don’t want to know what Freud would have said about that! :lol:

And I was born in the capital city of The Perfidious Albions because my poor mum could not get back to Guernsey before I was born after being evacuated during WWII :crying:

On top of that, without an English grant and the existence of SOAS, I would never have got my first degree! Oh, the shame of it :o

But, like all good racists, and in spite of also having so many English ex-lovers and current friends too, I still take a swipe at those south of Watford, when my inhibitions are not under full control, so, geographically speaking, you can consider yourself safe :wink2:

I bet you’re glad you’re not Jon, having to keep my tendency to go off topic under control at the Café, but I promise to be much more restrained when I arrive on one of your domains :angel:

Thanks again, Doug.

That was just the information I needed.

Cheers,

Sephie

Warrington was on our weekly shopping circuit along with Southport, Wigan, Blackburn and Preston. Sadly as we get older we stay closer to home.

Doug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.