WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > Partner: Virtual Art Academy
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Virtual Art Academy Student Successes

Showcasing some of our students work who have won painting competitions, become members of painting associations, and sold work since joining the Virtual Art Academy.

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Re: Virtual Art Academy Student Successes

Congratulations to Rose:

"I've been absent from VAA for quite a while, suffering from Vertigo and I can't think straight to do any Assignments - plus have had to deal with other serious pressing issues. *I have managed, though, to bury myself in painting as a sort of therapy, and I've been entering competitions and, surprisingly, have had some success this past 12 months. *
I won 1st prize in a local Council Art Prize for "Bin Night" I won $1000AUS!!. *
Then I entered the Sydney Royal Easter Show (a NSW State Award) and won 3rd prize for this painting - "A Photo to Remember" $350 prize money. *
I recently entered a National Award (Ravenswood Australian Women's Art Prize) and was a Finalist. I sold my painting (12"x12") there for $350AUS on Opening Night. *I
have also exhibited a few paintings in 3 other local Art Exhibitions and sold a couple of paintings. I have 2 more in a current Exhibition. "
Rose

Well done Rose!!*

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2017, 09:03 AM

Congratulations to Georgina who was recently showcased by Kevin Leithwood Stover in his Cyber Art gallery show and showed off 24 of her paintings.
She also had this painting accepted for the Guildford Art Show:

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-28-2017, 06:40 AM

Congratulations to VAA student Karin Combrink who won first prize in the floral/still life category at her local society's annual art competition, where they had almost 200 entries in 5 categories. Wonderful news Karin and well deserved. The painting has a strong notan design and you have made skillful use of the contrast of saturation principle. There are lots of other VAA principles embodied in this painting too.