Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Joan’s Closet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    libra

This is my closet. It was done with Strathmore paper and prismacolor pencils. It measures 12″ x 19″. I liked drawing all the patterns.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan
        Crabby2

I REALLY like this! It’s bright and very pretty.

(And the light switch is a great addition.)

Diane
            Different Strokes for Different Folks....

Olaf

I love it . . this, in my opinion, is art . . a statement from the artist”s life and point of view . .

. . as opposed to the technically-precise copy of someone’s else’s photograph . .

. . :)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"God is dead." —Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." —God

libra

Thank you very much Diane and Olaf. What intrigues me about closets are the patterns you find in them, from boxes, shoes, clothes, trinkets etc.

KaySilver

What a fun and original illustration! I love seeing something a bit different done with coloured pencils, and this is great!

I agree with Olaf too, it’s so personal – very inspiring for me. I’d like to be more liberated and creative in my artwork.

Excellent, and fun!

Penny
                        I live in Wiltshire, England
                        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Winnieike2

Such beautiful colors! What I like best about this picture is it gives the viewer a peek into your life. It tells stories, and raises questions.
                            As I look at it, I feel very emotional. At first it looks fun, there are so many colors and patterns. Then I saw all the organization that went into creating such a tidy closet. Looking deeper, I notice storage boxes, and I wonder what’s in them; old clothes or paid bills perhaps? Or, maybe they’re reminders of another time, carefully tucked away and only glimpsed occasionally. Then I see the crutches, hidden under a bright garment- they conjure up all sorts of questions and scenerios too numerous or personal to discuss here.
                            I wonder what stories most of our closets would tell to a casual viewer. We all live such different lives, our closets would be as unique as we are.
                            Thank you for sharing your closet and your art!

ocmd123

This is fantastic! I love everything about it!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                Instagram

Save

Wassie

Your closet is so neat. Wish mine was. Your clothes are so colorful. Great idea to paint your closet. I noticed the crutches. I had to have crutches at one time.

libra

Thank you everyone. I aappreciate everyones positive coments.
                                        Closets can tell alot about a person. Some of you noticed the crutches. Well, I was in a terrible accident 48 years ago in which I was severely hurt. Those crutches are my constant companion as I have many after affects and surgeries.
                                        No one noticed that there is a lift on my right shoe, I reduced the size of the lift somewhat but it is there. I lost some leg height as a result of car accident. It affected my whole life.
                                        But that is not why I drew this picture. I wanted to draw all the colors and arrangements in my closet. I thought it would be very interesting.

frida

I am sorry Joan about your accident and all its consequences… The amazing fact is that you are able to convey to others the goodness of life using colour and form! :clap:
                                            The view of your closet is so full of life and joy! Thank you so much for sharing it…

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.