Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel…December 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to What’s on Your Easel for the month of December 2015! Please post your oil paintings that you are currently working on or have just finished.Everyone is welcome to post in this thread – Newbies and experts, as long as the work is in oil paint!

For a more complete critique post in the main forum.. :wave:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

DJA Equine

Latest painting:

‘Luna in her Wolf’s Den’
            18″x24″ Oil on Belgian linen

Dave Agatone
            Oil Painters of America,
            Intl Guild of Realism, International Equine Artists

joltron

Roof Tops: 48 x 36 Inches, Oil on Canvas:

Close up, lower left corner:

First the shape, then the color, then the value.
                Paint from the shoulder.
                A passion, a talent, a curse.

xislandman

Wow… this is about as good as it gets.

Latest painting:

‘Luna in her Wolf’s Den’
                    18″x24″ Oil on Belgian linen

...dennis
                    http://DennisMarshallArtist.blogspot.com/ - '...and the lie faded into history and became the truth.'

xislandman

Started several days ago and posted last couple of days of November… still at work.

...dennis
                        http://DennisMarshallArtist.blogspot.com/ - '...and the lie faded into history and became the truth.'

xislandman

Started several days ago and posted last couple of days of November… still at work.[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Dec-2015/1145169-IMG_2445.JPG[/IMG]

...dennis

DJA Equine

Thank you Dennis! Yours is coming along nicely!!

Here is a new commission that I’m getting ready to start today. Should be a lot of fun!

Dave Agatone
                                Oil Painters of America,

mtpalms

That does look like fun, Dave. Will you be painting it pretty much as is, or making any changes? To the horse’s expression, for example. How much say in the matter do your clients have when you do a commission?

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                    "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                    But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

DJA Equine

The horse exactly like you see him. Apparently that’s his personality and they want that captured. Pretty much everything else as you see it minus the script on her sleeve and the wrist band. My clients get a bit if room but most just let me do my highly detailed/busy style….

Dave Agatone
                                        Oil Painters of America,

mtpalms

That’s great, and it is a good reference photo too.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                            "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                            But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Dan-007

EdithsArt

Great work everybody!

Dave, love your painting of Luna. Very well executed and such a funny look on the dog’s face:)

Dan, it has become very beautiful. Is it finished now?

Below what I’m working on now. The shadows at the top of the painting are from my easel and not part of the painting:)

~ Hope to see you on my website EdithsArt.com

xislandman

Slow… had a lot of humidity and the paint is not cooperating.

...dennis

Dan-007

Third session

xislandman

For some reason I am laboring at this but I am going to see it to the end… gave the dress some added color, finished hand and darkened the shadows. Trying to get the table cleaned up… plan on a glass of wine. I have had a lot of interruptions which is why it is taking so long.

...dennis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.