Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt # 570 Dec 27 – Jan 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    eyepaint

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.

Hunt # 570 Dec 27 – Jan 4

avacado or something brown and green
        brazil nut or something green and yellow
        corriander or other spice
        dragonfrut or other fruit
        egg or other ellipsoid
        fern or other plant
        giant tree
        hardware
        i – a self portrait
        jewellry
        kite or something flying in the air
        lemon or lime
        maroon or purple item
        new item you purchased
        opening to something interesting
        pursed lips
        quiz or test
        red ribbon or pen
        sugar or other sweetener
        tea
        understanding or underneath something
        vicious smell
        wonderful item
        extremely silly item
        young or fresh item
        zipper partly open partly closed

Challenge:
        – directly in ink
        – non-dominant hand
        – have fun!

Cheers,
        — EP

p.s. EP will be away for the first day of the hunt. Azulparsnip can help you if you need help. Charlie’s Mum has moved this thread into place – thank you Maureen!

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Thanks for the list, EP. thanks for posting, Maureen. Interesting.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

White Pen

Heya

Thanks for the list EP.

The brazil nut looks quite exciting and a challenge to get a equal here . May i can draw a Brazilian dancer instead :cat: .

Cheers and see forward the hunt . WP.

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

eyepaint

Hi everyone! Thank you Maureen for posting my list. Hello to Jo and WP. I will return with something sketched. Hope you are enjoying the holidays!

-- EP Moderator for:

Joan T

Thanks for the new list, EP! Home to get some items sketched.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

jmfletch

1 Brazil nut ( not sure how that became green and yellow as a substitute.:evil: )
                        Image is about 5 in by 2 in in 7×10 inch watercolor sketch book. Also found a new brush that I really love. Do any of you use a dagger brush?

Keep sketching.
                        Joe

Edited to add: WOW cannot believe 2 days in and I am first to post.:eek:

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

Joan – hello!
                            Joe – green and yellow are the colours in the Brazil flag – so if a Brazil nut was not available an idea was to draw something green and yellow :) Wonderful sketch. I have heard of but not used a dagger brush. You used it to make this sketch? Wonderful!

-- EP Moderator for:

Scattykat

Hi all, thanks for the new list EP.
                                Joe, nice brazils, whats a dagger brush look like?

1 jewellery, a lovely brooch one of my three sisters gave me. She got each of us one, I think it, and its sentiment are just fab. Have posted a picky of the real one too..:thumbsup:

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

eyepaint

Scatty – thank you. Brooch looks good. Are you four sisters?
                                    I think you can get an idea of a dagger brush[/URL] at this Dick Blick link.

-- EP Moderator for:

jmfletch

EP – yes I used it for the Brazil nuts. I like you can make a fine line or a wide swath and can use long side to make a line like a flat. Really had fun with it.

Scatty – Nice painting. That is a sweet idea for a gift. Looks like creativity runs in the family. In a way you all share it.

Here is the dagger brush not sure where I got it or who gave it to me but it is fun.

Keep sketching
                                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Joan T

Joe – Congrats on being first to post. Good job on the Brazil nut. It isn’t one of my favorites so I’ll have to find a substitution.

Yes, I have a dagger brush…several in fact. The small one is a travel dagger. If you’re wondering what is attached to the cap end, my travel brushes kept falling out of my pen case. To keep them inside I attached a strip of velcro inside the case and then a piece of velcro on each of the caps of my travel brushes. Now they stay put!

Kat – I have one of those pins too! It was a Christmas gift from one of my sisters last year.

1 – opening to something interesting (conservatory at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden) – watercolors and ink
                                            2 – plant – watercolors

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

jmfletch

Joan the paintings at the Botanical Gardens are nice. Looks like the cactus section :cool: I like the way you did the glass and frame shadows. Do you find the daggers fun to use? Do you use them for anything special?

Also clever Idea to keep from losing brushes.

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

Joe, the Brazil nuts are well done. Yummy. We don’t have any around this year. We used to always buy mixed nuts to crack at Christmas time. I don’t think I even have a nutcracker any more. Hmmm. Or a flag, ha.

Scatty, what a lovely pin. Fun and well drawn.

Joan, your botanical sketches are so fine. Love the different cacti. Brushes look fun and useful.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Joan – LOVE the conservatory! Great job on all the cacti. Look at all those daggers!

Joe and Jo – hello

I’ve got to get my sketch on ….

-- EP Moderator for:

jmfletch

2 – other fruit Clementine. About 2 inch square image on backside of a sheet used to practice washes. Tried painting direct which is harder than I thought. It is not great but I am learning.:angel:

Jo – No nutcracker at Christmas *facepalm*

EP – Hope you get your sketch on.

Lurkers :wave:

Keep sketching
                                                        Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.