Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Sending paper art works

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jennie

A nice problem to ponder. I have been asked to participate in a group exhibition in London. I am happy that I can pack and get them sent OK. What I don’t know are specific details of common practice. And, as I’m a bit of a hermit in a remote location in Queensland Australia I’d be happier with more than one source of information.

Things like these are my current issues:
        – if I sent them rolled rather than framed, how do I get the framed? Could I expect the gallery to be Linked to a local framer. They show international works often. Or so they say.
        – if I don’t go to London, what’s the most common (?) way to arrange the hanging/display.
        – is it essential I go to London?

The gallery is The Brick Lane Gallery, 216 Brick Lane | London | E1 6SA

Ant thoughts, ideas or information will be most welcome.

Jennie

Jennie
        "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
        @jenniferpaints http://jrcs.com.au/artist

redfang

My frame of reference are juried shows, they expect the art to arrive framed. It has to be packaged to arrive safely and the box has to be sturdy enough to be reused if the artwork doesn’t sell and has to be sent back. Return postage is usually included in the box as well. The framed art has to be behind plexiglass. Usually they recommend a neutral color mat, white or off-white. Use screw eyes or d-rings and wire for hanging. If the gallery has a website, take a look and see how they display the art. It’s not essential to travel with your art unless you want to. Just try to idiot-proof shipping as much as possible.

"If influenza was only contagious after symptoms appeared, it would have died out thousands of years ago. Somewhere between tool using and cave painting, homo habilis would have figured out to kill the guy with the runny nose."

Why not simply call or email the gallery and ask?

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Jennie

Thank you so much for the reply. It’s been a great help.

Jennie
                "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
                @jenniferpaints http://jrcs.com.au/artist

Hitos

I’m sorry for updating the old thread but I came across the same issue. Are there any good solutions?

RihanaR

Any update on this thread? How did you cope? I’ve been currently working on a school project using this resource https://writinguniverse.com/essay-types/reflective-essays/ . But once I cope, I’ll start working on paper art works too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.