Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The 3rd life drawing session, but…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Constance

2 weeks ago, I went to my 3rd life drawing for this year and I did very poorly. I’ve thrown away all the other sketches except for this one 10 or 15min sketch, the only ‘passable’ looking sketch of mine for that day.

Attending life drawing sessions is always a humbling experience for me but I appreciate the experience…

Also did these…

They were seated in front of me last Sunday. Pencil and digital.

And a father and daughter portrait – oil on canvas…(final version. Posted this in Portraiture)

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Your shaping is wonderful in the figure drawing, especially the extended leg! fascinating second picture, the gentleman’s chin shape looks a little odd in the third, maybe?

I often throw pictures away from a figure group session;)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

123harry

Your first drawing looks a lot better than ‘passable’ to me! Your line is very articulate and sensitive. It’s an excellent figure sketch. I like the digital development of your pencil sketch too. Well observed and good use of the media. Nice double portrait. I commented in the portrait forum.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

Constance

Thank you so much David and Harry for the encouraging and kind words re the figure drawing.

David, thanks for pointing out the odd looking chin/neck of the gentleman. I can’t do anything more with this but I’ll take note of it and be more careful in my next painting.

Harry, thank you so much for the comment in Portraiture. Really appreciate your feedback. My aim is to be less tight in my paint application…maybe more abstract..less defined…sometimes I’m able to achieve that but when I have to paint for others, I can’t relax and paint like how i paint my studies.

a nice variety of work Constance, the different styles of portraits are striking :thumbsup:… and the life drawing, I consider them as exercises, opportunities to capture as much as I can within a particular time frame, they are not for keeping, this one has some things that are working, but those lying poses are always difficult… especially the head.

Mac

Constance

Thanks Mac :) Maybe for a 15min (or was it 10min – i can’t remember) I was expecting a better drawing. There are so many amazing sketches of short poses less than 10mins here in the forum :D

You worry way too much Constance, like the rest of us, you strive to be better but you have considerable talent already :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                    Instagram
                    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

ArtistOz

The others have said it all Constance and none of us have arrived at that elusive ‘right’ drawing if we did we would probably look for another challenge. :) I think your drawing is good and shows you are learning things.

Bill,
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                        Instagram, billwperry

Constance

Thanks David and Bill for the encouraging words. There will be a session this Saturday with the same model…hopefully, I’ll do her more justice this time, if i get to attend.

Boafamily

Very nice and keep them coming.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.