Home Forums The Learning Center Student’s Dorm MA Illustration in the UK after 40

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I would like to get your opinion if it is worth thinking about doing a MA Illustration course in the UK when I am soon 40 years old :) I know there are some online courses too, which will be probably independent of age, but anyway, what do you think? Also, I am not so confident in English language although I can write, I am not excellent at speaking and listening and IELTS test is always needed for people from non-English speaking countries. To be honest I am quite afraid to take one. Still it would be a dream to take such course, because I think people with the UK based degrees are preferred on the international art markets, at least in Europe. Thanks for comments.

Petra Stefankova
    www.petrastefankova.com

MissMagic

Hi Petra,

I’m 35 and studying a BA in Fine Art in the UK. There are several students on my course for whom English is not their first language and they have just completed their first year with flying colours. There is a lot of support in universities these days and people are very understanding when English is not a first language in my experience.

Hi MissMagic, thank you for your kind reply, it’s helpful. I asked for a consultation from a professional association in London where I got some advice from an university lecturer and they told me I would not need the Masters degree with my experience and portfolio, so maybe I can listen to them. So, the question has been solved for now.

Petra Stefankova
        www.petrastefankova.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.