Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Fabriano paper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    woodenpalette

Hey everyone,

What fabriano paper does artists use to draw on. I see some artists use it for realistic drawings. I am in the USA and I am trying to find it. On Dickblick.com I see Fabriano watercolor paper but Im not sure if this is it. Im also looking for large sizes(22×30 inches +) and not a smaller pad.

Thanks!

Take a look at my personal website:

Pastel and Drawing Tutorials: http://www.woodenpalette.com

Fabriano is a brand with several papers.

The top one used for drawings in Fabriano Artistico Hot pressed (a water color paper). It is 100% cotton and EXPENSIVE. Do not use it for scribbling and doodling, but for finished works (unless you are really rich).

Fabriano 4 is a good wood paper as well, smooth and sturdy, with alcaline reserve. I use it mostly on the Liscio variant (as smooth as bristol smooth)

Fabriano 5 is a mix of 50% with cotton but is only available in certain parts of the world and a bit softer and “spongy” in feel.

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

woodenpalette

Thank you! I found exactly the one you are talking about online but wasnt sure since it says Watercolor.

Take a look at my personal website:

Pastel and Drawing Tutorials: http://www.woodenpalette.com

Everyone is going to have likes and dislikes among all papers. I didn’t care for Fabriano watercolor pads but I really adore Fabriano Artistico Extra White Hot Press 300lb sheets for certain subjects. The surface is excellent for detail but slightly more textured than a lighter weight hot press generally is so it’s good for older men. If you opt for individual sheets – especially higher weight, be sure you have a guillotine paper cutter if you wish to cut them down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.