Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Tree – X Post AMAE WDE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryeath

Hi,

First posting here in the drawing forum (except a couple lessons in the classroom section) as I feel my stuff is well below the level here.

Pencil on 9 x12 sketchpad, about 3.5 hours. Reference photo can be found in the weekly drawing event thread.

Thanks for looking.

C&C always welcomed.

123harry

This is a nice fantasy drawing but it captures the gnarled old tree well.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

Ryeath; there is no level here for you to be below, I love drawings like this I would love to be able to create fantasy drawings but I do not have the imagination for it, at my age the only fantasy image I have is that I think I can still do what I was able to do 40 years ago.

123harry

I hadn’t registered your comment about the ‘level’ here. I don’t think there is one and if there is there shouldn’t be! The more variety the better to my way of thinking. This forum and one or two others onWetCsnvas has suffered from an quiet elitism mainly centred on photorealism. Fortunately people have kept posting in spite of this. You should post whatever you feel like. Besides you are a lot more accomplished than you seem to think.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

ArtsyBren

Wonderful take on the fantasy tree! We have some great artists in D & S but all would tell you they have much still to learn. No elitists here to my knowledge! We all want to improve our skills and help others improve theirs as well! Keep drawing, your work is lovely!:thumbsup:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/23-Apr-2012/58254-RoseFINISHED.jpg

Ryeath

Thanks for all compliments.

I do want to clarify I did not mean to imply there is an elitism in the forum, and I hope I have not offended anyone, only that I am so astounded by the works on here. Everyone on Wet Canvas has been so great and encouraging ever since I stumbled across the website about 3 months ago.

C&C always welcomed.

123harry

It was me who brought up elitism, Roy.
                            Keep posting the drawings!

C&C always welcome.
                            Instagram harry.hamill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.