WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Enthusiast

Scanner and Camera Wizard

I have a very generic "Scanner and Camera Wizard" on my PC. It seems to be part of my Windows XP software or whatever. It's very limited, and has only a few plain-jane settings. I'm disappointed with it, because the few options it has really don't seem to affect anything. I can tell that I could probably get good quality scans, if I could just make some more advanced adjustments.

Is there some other more advanced Scanner function I can download somewhere? I have the drivers for the scanner installed, but can't actually get the scanner's program/software to install.

I also have the pretty old Photoshop 7, and when I try to scan (going to "Import"), all it does is use the generic Scanner Wizard that I mentioned. I have no idea how to improve this situation.

Any advice? Thanks!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Veteran Member
Oregon

Hails from United States
Re: Scanner and Camera Wizard

I'd recommend going to the support section of your scanner manufacturer's website and downloading the most recent Windows XP drivers and software for your model. Without the software being installed, you won't be able to access the full functions of your scanner...but I guess you've already figured that out.

Good luck.