Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone Who created WETCANVAS?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    iamdaie

Hi…

whats the history of this forum?

who created it? when? why? how?

just curious…

Daie.

The thread was created in 1998 as a private project by an oil painter whose name I have forgotten for the moment. After a few years, it was sold to another private person who created several modifications and then finally bought by the publishers F+W of Northlight Books fame.

It is maintained on a day to day basis by a team of volountary unpaid members comprising three administrators and a large number of moderators and guides who help monitor the various forums and deal with questionable posts, spammers and trolls.

The forum software is dated has gone through several traumatic moves over the years some of which have led to the loss of some of the forum facilities. However, we soldier on and IMHO it is the best single source of information on the web.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

iamdaie

Mr Doug….Can I be an unpaid moderator too?

You are often seen as a troll Dale, I don’t see any possibility.

Doug

iamdaie

ok I understand…

indraneel

You are often seen as a troll Dale, I don’t see any possibility.

Doug

that was a good one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi…

whats the history of this forum?

who created it? when? why? how?

just curious…

Daie.

I agree, we have all been curious at least once, although probably wrongly, not as much as you. But what are you waiting for? Do the research and let us know…..

…right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetcanvas

PS: just don’t fill that up with questions, instead of relevant answers. You can be the unpaid moderator of your own kingdom there!

edit: look on the bright side, you are the only one in a million members in 2 decades to start pondering on this… there must be something to it! Some info here https://makingamark.blogspot.com/2007/06/new-owner-for-wet-canvas.html The author of that blog may have more info, and the people mentioned there may still be here on WC (for u to pester (for your article))! Also see this https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8&page=132&order=desc . From here on it is your responsibility to actually do something.

Mr Doug….Can I be an unpaid moderator too?

[antv]oavMtUWDBTM[/antv]

What on earth was that about?

Dou

Dou

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trololo-guy

Troll lo lo lo lo.. original upload…:lol:

And for the advanced ones… ( and for those who don’ t know where this face came from).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TnAKurylA8

iamdaie

Dou

Its the Queen of Trolls…..Madame M.

The Wet Canvas Forum was founded by Scott Burkett in 1998… I joined in 2003 and it was truly a friendly, family environment! We did a lot of things in challenges, classes and teams.

Kerri Eustice bought the site from Scott. She attempted to wrap her arms around the huge population of artists, forum channels, images and posts. She really worked hard to keep everything on track.

F&W Publications bought the site from Kerri. They’ve also tried to keep things working smoothly, but we’ve lost a lot. Those things that made us feel welcomed, warm and inviting have been forever lost. But, programming isn’t everything that makes a site like this, it’s also about the people. The Artists here are a great group and continue to make this a great place for beginners and experienced artists alike.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

iamdaie

The Wet Canvas Forum was founded by Scott Burkett in 1998… I joined in 2003 and it was truly a friendly, family environment! We did a lot of things in challenges, classes and teams.

Kerri Eustice bought the site from Scott. She attempted to wrap her arms around the huge population of artists, forum channels, images and posts. She really worked hard to keep everything on track.

F&W Publications bought the site from Kerri. They’ve also tried to keep things working smoothly, but we’ve lost a lot. Those things that made us feel welcomed, warm and inviting have been forever lost. But, programming isn’t everything that makes a site like this, it’s also about the people. The Artists here are a great group and continue to make this a great place for beginners and experienced artists alike.

Thank you….this is what I wanted to know.

Its the Queen of Trolls…..Madame M.

Don’t have such low self esteem..

Thanks Char, those are the names that escaped me.

Some of the very old threads used to be found on the way back machine.

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.