Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chuas2

Ok, so I worked up the courage to post something I just finished, and then I see water girl and allydoodle (among other outstanding artists), and almost lost my nerve. But I’m thinking of making prints of some of my flower paintings and doing cards, like a set or something.
        So please, honest, brutal (if necessary) feedback. It’s a little fuzzy from being optimized.

Kris
        :wave:

artelahe

So soft. I love gardenias. Your soft focus reminds me of the feel of those petals. This will make a beautiful card and print.

Please post more of your work. We’d love to see it. Pastel is a unique medium that offers artists so many different ways to express themselves. If this is an example of what you create, I can’t wait to see more!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            AlyP
            I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

Love the contrast and how the flower emerges from the black background. Love the texture too. Beautiful.

Annette Bárcenas O.
            Instagram: @annettebarcenasdemadrid
            www.abarcenas.com
            "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way... things I had no words for". - G. O'Keeffe

IMO it would fit very well for a card.
            I really like the composition and colors.
            If it was mine I would try to get some hard edges at the middle petals of the flower as it is meant to be the focus point and hard edges help to keep the attention of the observer.

Esther

Donna T

I think this would make a great card too, Kris. Flowers are such universally appealing subjects. This is so beautifully done and I look forward to seeing the rest of the set as you finish them!

Donna
                C&C Always Welcome

EstherVisser

THis is very beautiful. I think ColorEnthusiast’s suggestion is a good one. Maybe the blue negative space is a bit large..?

water girl

You have beautifully demonstrated the amazing colors that make this white gardenia a gem. Well done Chris! Keep those pastels handy, we want more.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

soap

Beautiful!
                            I find the background too under worked though, perhaps incorporate that into the painting next time?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.