WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Friday, April 21, 2017

Good day and welcome to the weekend.

I got a good start this morning making a delicious breakfast of eggs scrambled with potatoes, onions, and a wee bit of bacon. Oh, it was sooooo good. I also made my dog some home made peanut butter treats that have good ingredients like wheat flour, corn meal, eggs, molasses and of course peanut butter. Ella has already given me her approval.

For the rest of the day I shall be busy running errands and finally finishing a project of making the drapes for my son's family room and hanging them. Whew, I am glad that will be done. Soon I shall be putting the sewing machine back in the closet till the next project of that kind surfaces.

I am thinking about attending a COMIC CON event. I have never gone to one but it should be an opportunity for photographing people who like to dress up and get their picture taken, right? The event starts tomorrow at 10 am and goes until 8pm. What do I have to lose?

I finally got outside the other day to take a couple of shots of some blossoms that are growing in my neighbor's yard. I was greeted by this cute little French bulldog. I remember seeing it as a tiny pup. I couldn't believe how big its ears got!

Cute, huh?
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 PM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Friday, April 21, 2017

TGIF, Lorell and any who follow.

Nice shot of the little dog.

Here's your obligatory red poppy photo, taken about 45 minutes ago. Other than cropping and desaturating a little to take the edge off the too vivid colors that comes with converting to JPG, it's SOOTC. If I was gonna print it, I'd do a little selective sharpening of the yellow and brown structures, and clean up a few blemishes.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Dave,
well, are you all dressed and ready for the big day? I bet your daughter is excited. How is the weather today?

Mark left you some great advice and examples in Thursday's daily. I hope you get a chance to take a peek at it before you leave for the big event.

Congratulations "DAD".
LORELL

PS.
Another gorgeous poppy. Today's attention should be on the beautiful shadows that you caught. They are all different.
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:21 PM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks Lorell.

Weather will be nice - maybe 67-70 degrees when the ceremony starts on the water at 6:00 PM. I have my camera stuff ready and my clothes laid out. Will shower, trim the beard, and dress later.

It's a very casual event - just 6 attendees.

Yes, Mark's advice was helpful - thanks again Mark.

Yeah, I think the shadows in today's poppy shot are the best part.

Other than all this, I'm feeling the effects of an accident yesterday morning: as I was carrying something heavy out to the trash, Pippin spotted or heard something (another dog or a cat or a squirrel? who knows?) and darted in front of me. I lost my balance trying to step over him and twisted to avoid landing on him as I fell. I landed hard on the sidewalk - ended up bruised, bloody, and today very sore.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:55 PM
Immortalized
outback of the black stump

Hails from Australia

No pretty flowers to show, only a hint of autumn.