Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #517 Oct 27 – Nov 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

A flashback hunt to 10 yrs ago almost to the day by Beautiful Butterfly Studio.

Rules
        *All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and ,
        may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to
        finish the entire list to participate!*

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #517 oct 27 – nov 2
        Originally Scavenger*Hunt*#60, October 20 to October 28, 2007

Your bed
        A building in neighborhood,*CHALLENGE 1- capture something unique to that neighborhood!
        Something you collect
        An animal to do with water
        Results of a urban/nature walk*- go for a walk and pick up stuff along the way, when home, create a still life with the found objects ad sketch, draw, paint!
        Mailbox
        Something with wings
        Brown paper bag
        Show how you get/receive your news*- eg. if you get the paper, draw the paper, if it’s online, draw the computer and website, if it’s tv, draw that… and so on!
        Shopping trolley/basket/cart
        A Skyscape, lets see cloud formations, drak or clear skies
        Familiar object from an unusual angle/perspective
        An advertisement in a paper or magazine
        View through a fence,*CHALLENGE 2- to include the fence too
        An Iris*(which one is up to you!)
        A dripping tap
        Something you are thankful for
        Something that makes you fell happy
        Someones hair
        A word made from tiles or blocks, eg. lego, word block, scrabble tiles
        People looking at an image,*CHALLENGE 3- is to include the object as well
        A seed
        A rusty object
        Clothing and some of the folds in it*
        A sign of spring or autumn, depends on which hemisphere you live in!
        Something glossy, shiny or sparkly

Other Challenges…
        4- use a coloured pen/pencil/marker to do a tonal sketch/drawing
        5- combine 6-10 objects in a still life setup*

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

Sorry I am late but I have the 29th in my notes.
            I honestly logged in tonight to be a day early.:lol:

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

Yay Joe is here! Thanks for the new list :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

jmfletch

Sorry.☹️

Joan T

Thanks for the new list, Joe.

1 – building – watercolors
                        2 – sign of autumn – watercolors and ink

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Eye

Lovely start of this Hunt Joan…:clap:

Joe: Thanks for the list. I have a question, of this “life with the found objects ad” … what does it mean???

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Joe, too funny! Not a problem. Thanks for the memories…

Joan, your scenes are better all the time. Love the perspective and colors. The view of the house makes it a bit mysterious.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

Joe – thanks for hosting…..cool list…..I gotta be careful though because here in this part of the south people get perturbed if they see you sketching their stuff….like their house or their fence. Also around here it can be kinda interesting to try and sketch people in public too. Big cities are not this way…….:rolleyes:

Joan – awesome start …..love the parked cars and fall trees

Robin
                            The mediator between head and hands must
                            be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                            http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

artastic

great list, hope to gte more than 4 done this time

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

jmfletch

Joe: Thanks for the list. I have a question, of this “life with the found objects ad” … what does it mean???

It is a typo. Should read “*- go for a walk and pick up stuff along the way, when home, create a still life with the found objects and sketch, draw, or paint!”

joe

jmfletch

Joan – love the autumn colors. Two things I miss in Florida are the fall colors and snow on Christmas day. jo is right your scenes are better all the time.

Robin – Don’t get shot or arrested!

Keep sketching
                                        joe

White Pen

Heya

oh a call :eek: for a nice hunt list , a new challenge , thanks jmfletch doing that.

See now for a loadet sharp inkpen ….

Cheers W.P. always a tick different :wink2:

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

White Pen

Heya

just in … :lol:

not so good as i thought it´s a A5 size paper and for more details not the best but i tryed …

sorry for the portrait style next time it turns right…;)

Cheers W.P.

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Joan T

Thanks everyone! Having a nasty day weather-wise up here in NY. You would think that would give me ample opportunity to work on the list. lol

White Pen, wonderful very full page of sketches!!! Getting a crick in my neck from trying to see all your little sketches.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

jmfletch

Well you easily met the challenge WP! Have missed your pages as they always bring a smile even with the neck pain.:smug:

Keep sketching
                                                        Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.