Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching large format paper??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    McGrath800

Hi all, im looking to start a larger drawing than usual, needs to be at least 34-36 inches on the longer side, prefer smooth hot press paper for realism but can only find them a1 29-30 inches, am I stuck with making my drawing smaller or is there any good quality paper in larger sizes I can source [UK based] Can anyone point me in the right direction if any?
        cheers Eddie.

Nessamelda

You can get hot press watercolour paper in a roll from most of the big on line art suppliers such as Jackson’s. Usually around 1.1-1.5 by 9 metres. Which will cover what you want several times over. Expensive though (and unless you can get there in person, delivery isn’t cheap either)

McGrath800

thanks for the reply, I was afraid that was the only answer…need to consider now how much I want to do the drawing lol

pouncer

There is a lot of paper rolls out there for you. But you’re going to have to spend something. Not 1 to 3 hundred but your paper is out there.

McGrath800

cheers m8, sorry for taking so long to respond. I’ll draw another project 1st then give the roll another look.

marksmomagain

you can get Stonehenge paper in 50″x10yd. rolls. And also 30″x40″ sheets.

fedetony

Rolls are good investment… Then you can cut to any prefered size…

Federico Garcia
                                My Blog
                                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.