WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:33 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time June 2019

Jen, I hear you on the heat. Stay cool. Those sweaters are so cute.

Still dealing with low energy. But, I figured out if I have something out to work on and it doesn't take a bunch of time to move boxes around to find supplies or get tools out, I will work on it. That's why critters are so easy. I have the box of felt open and everything is there that I need. Ta-da, critters get made. I've been wanting to embroider and realized that an embroidery project could be out and waiting to be worked on. Yup, it is out and being worked on. True I'm following someone else's pattern, but it should be lovely when I finish.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Those sweaters are adorable Jen!
Yes Debbie, having a project out and ready to work on helps a lot.

Here is the stockings on the recipient. Yes she didn't fold the tops down and is wearing them over leggings! But she was so excited to get them and they fit.

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:06 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, you definitely made her day with those socks. Great job.

Counted cross-stitch on 18 count fabric, full coverage takes a lot of time. Just saying...
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I am taking another watercolour class. This time it is flowers, lots of wet on wet. I think flowers are not my thing. I am learning a lot of techniques and my wet on wet is getting better but personally I think flowers are waste of paint and paper....
Georgia O'Keefe I am not and never will be.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 04:42 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, just curious, why the flower painting hate? What do you like to paint?

Just so you know, going out to eat is a dice roll. I ended up being ill yesterday after going out to eat the day before. Had to cancel running errands for mom till today. Today is my normal get everything ready for DH's work week, but now we have to deal with mom errands on top of ours.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I don't know. They look so very tacky and schmaltzy like a cheap hallmark card.
I can get some mood into landscapes but I find flowers just sickly. I didn't realise I felt that way.

I worked with flower images before for fabric printing but they were stylized. And if one looked carefully there were eyes and things hiding in the leaves.

I am sorry you got "contaminated " and were sick. I hope you manage to squeeze everything in tomorrow.
We ordered a reverse osmosis countertop unit. It came today and I had water all over the counter and floor. I brought it back after spending a lot of time on the phone. Very stressful day for me.
Oh and it was both smoky and thunder storms today.

Last edited by LenaB : 06-14-2019 at 09:04 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:20 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, so sorry to hear about the countertop osmosis unit being faulty. Hope you can find a better solution. I actually bought a water distiller. However, we are on our second one. The first didn't last but just over a year. And, when I went to contact the manufacturer for repairs, they no longer exist. Sounds like you need to stay indoors and do art with smoke and thunder storms. Stay safe.

Managed to get all the chores and errands done yesterday. But it was a very busy day. DH told me he'd go to work today so we could both rest up. There are some loose ends to finish up today even tho' DH is off to work. Fortunately, they are things here at home I can handle myself. So while he's resting at work...