Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art July Monthly Challenge – Everyone Welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    oldglory

This is an all come event, so everyone is welcome … all mediums and skill levels – Our goal is to have fun – Please share your kind and encouraging comments on one another’s work … no harsh critique unless requested by the artist – These images are to be used anyway you wish … crop them, combine them or whatever you creative vision inspires you to do – Look forward to seeing everyone’s artistic endeavors … enjoy this month’s challenge –

The following images I took myself in and around my studio/home – I have attempted to provide something for differing artistic interests … still life, animals, landscapes, nocturnal, farm equipment, sunrises and even a possible portrait :eek: – Hope you find inspiration – Hud

Annie – Studio Companion

aspenman

No images are present????????

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
            http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

oldglory

Am having difficulty getting the balance of the images uploaded … am working on it … hope to have soon – Sorry about all this –

Hud

CaliAnn

Annie is beautiful :)

oldglory

More images:

Description of images:

(1) Still life: Water goblet, petrified wood and antique brass salmon fishing reel –
                        (2) Buffalo Skull: This was presented to me by my good friend and “Nam Buddy” Grizz … it is from his Sweat Lodge .. he is Lakota Souix – The presentation ceremony was quite moving –
                        (3) Tractor: This is my 1949 tractor I use around my place –
                        (4) Tree Garden: This is my tree garden … have planted over the years 125 trees and flowering shrubs … a wonderful view out my studio window – The structure in the background is the original two -room homestead on this property –
                        (5) Snow Scene: For those of you who might wish to cool off from the heat, this is a scene from my back door on 8 February … the view is looking South over my property … 51 degrees below zero –
                        (6) Moonrise: Taken from my studio window this week –
                        (7) Sunrise: An early morning sunrise as viewed out my studio window in May of this year –
                        (8) Annie and Hud Painting: This scene came about because my sister wanted a photograph of Annie watching me paint … she watches every single brushstroke – As you can see, she is very attached to her ball –
                        (9) This ninth image ( Annie – Studio Companion )was posted in the initial posting before I had problems getting all this uploaded –

I apologize for this mix up – Hud

oldglory

CaliAnn: Thank you –

Hud

CaliAnn

Beautiful images Hud – The one with you and Annie painting is just precious! Thanks for hosting!

oldglory

CaliAnn: You are welcome … thank you for your comments about Annie … she is a joy –

Hud

oldglory

Adding another image for those who like old structures –

This is a close-up of the original homestead on this property … as you can see it is a “two roomer” – The nearest room was an addition at a later date … thus it started out as just one room – It has only one door and one window which is on the Southern side ( i.e., facing the hills in the background ) –

Also, you can see I am developing garden beds for planting Charlotte’s ( my wife ) favorite flowers in her memory –

aspenman

Wonderful selections of photos – would love to sit at that easel with a nice big fire roaring!

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
                                            http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

Beautiful and exciting images for us to enjoy this month, Hud! Thanks so much for hosting for us this July. I’m hoping to get time to work on some of these. I love the photo of you painting and Annie faithfully watching you work. Great selection!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

oldglory

Richard: Thank you … you are welcome any time –

Hud

oldglory

Jenna: Thank you … hope you find time to work on an image or two … always enjoy your creations –

Hud

These are all super ones, Hud! Annie and you, too, are very cute!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

oldglory

Kay: Thank you … look forward to seeing your work –

Annie may be cute, but I am just a stand-in because of my sister … otherwise the photograph would be devoid of Hud –

Again, thanks –

Hud

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.