Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……June 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE June 2019…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!
        :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum!

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

KEVIN$

Started this one yesterday. It’s coming out really good, IMO. It’s an amazing feeling when you start to feel like you’re painting an image that feels as good as your favorite artist… But, I also know there is plenty of time for me to screw it up..

The most frustrating part is that the camera picks up details and flaws that I don’t readily see while it’s still on the easel so I have to evaluate the pics then go back and see if I can see the issue on the actual painting, which I usually can.

ks

Kevin Slaby
            2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
            http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

KEVIN$

Whew, she has the makings of an ear now.. geezz I never thunk an ear would be so difficult.. I’ll fine tune it after it dries. I find myself finding minor areas that I try to touch up but the paint is really sticky now so I end up making it worse. I need to walk away from it until it dries good.

ks

Kevin Slaby

MarkMark
                    MarkMark
                        KEVIN$

Got the background in. I don’t want a scene this time around just a nice background color that hopefully compliments the figure. Once it dries I want to try and glaze the skin tone to hopefully compliment the background color. I’m also debating on adding an impressionistic black vase with some iris flowers in the lower right corner just behind the sitting bench/bed but I’ll make the decision after the dress is done.

ks

Kevin Slaby

MarkMark

Its going rally well Kevin looking forward to more updates

KEVIN$

Its going rally well Kevin looking forward to more updates

Thanks Mark. Under bright light the skin colors look very washed out compared to anywhere else in the house so I’ll have to contend with this when glazing.

ks

Kevin Slaby

KEVIN$

WHEW!! She has a dress! I was REALLY worried about how the fluff would come out but it looks great!
                                        :clap:

Skin correction and other details still to come..

ks

Kevin Slaby

MarkMark

The fluff looks great.. Errrm

Seriously looking good thanks for the updates

spweber

Oil on canvas board (8 x 11) – Half Dome in Yosemite Nat’l Park……Just finished the trees, so I think I’m done with this one…

KEVIN$

First attempt at glazing a piece and I like the effects it has. Here’s the first layer hopefully it will be dry enough to put on a second one tomorrow but I won’t rush it. I’m still having issues with the lips. They just don’t look right and I’ve struggled with them since day one..

Heading out to spend some time with my mother putting my hand-picked goose berries to good use in a pie…

ks

Kevin Slaby

PIZZA SLOTH

Hi folks, here’s one for the beginner folder :D

This is just red ochre, some van dyke brown, and a little turpenoid.

I think I’m going to make the sky a darker gray color, and I’m going to practice glazing to put kind of a haze over everything.

Personal note: I prefer to have frank and honest criticism and comments on all works I post. I promise you won't hurt my feelings :D Disliking a work is as important as liking it, in my opinion.

MarkMark

Thanks for posting SLoth making the sky darker will probably be a good thing

KEVIN$

Second layer of glaze done.. The image is really starting to show some depth and softness to her skin now. I am completely guessing on the colors and shadows on the face and I think I’m guessing correctly.

I also reshaped the lips and they look better than they did. I’m not sure if they are still perfect but I will see how I feel about them later.

Still have other areas that need a lot of work, the lower back, needs eye lashes, etc..

ks

Kevin Slaby

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.